Friday, March 23, 2007

what was I thinking?

Last night, Abi & I were chatting about sleeping in the evening… Kai fell asleep on the couch just before dinner, thus how the conversation began…and I made a joke about how we should stay up all night and sleep all day! She got all excited, so I continued: We'll stay up late and do crafty things and then we'll nap in the daytime!!! Abi was all giddy about that idea! As soon as dinner was over, she prepared the living room with a "tent" of a blanket over some chairs, and she & Kai pulled out sleeping bags!!! She was very giddy!!! Kai was all into it too. What have I done??? I didn't want to stay up all night! I wanted to go to bed immediately after dinner in fact! LOL :D Ah well… why not? This'll be a fun, I thought.



So we watched the newest Veggie Tales' video "Mo & the Big Exit", and I sang some songs, and then at 9:30pm, Abi declares how this is the latest she's EVER stayed up! LOL ..she can't tell time, but I"m sure she's right too!… Then she says she's ready for bed, so I turn out the lights and we snuggle into our sleeping bags, and almost instantly she's asleep! I was ready to pass out too, but couldn't. Kai kept getting up and moving and tossing and chatting and it was driving me nuts!!!! He didn't fall asleep until 10pm! grr! Of course, I couldn't stay asleep during the night! I'd be awake every hour, for no reason. And Bryn wasn't sleeping the best either. I guess he didn't like sleeping on the floor any more than I did! lol We should've climbed up onto the couch… ! (roll eyes)

When the kids woke up at 7am, needless to say, I was NOT impressed. I had to remind myself that it's not their fault I didn't sleep. But I grabbed my stuff and crawled into MY bed and slept another good hour. Phew!

Jonathan took the day off b/c I was supposed to have my MRI today (it was rescheduled). We were planning a family day; I was so excited! The radio talked about a petfair going on, but according to the website, it's next weekend, so that wasn't going to work. Jono assured me he'd figure out something for us to do! And sure enough, he had a lot of fun surprises planned! He didn't tell me what they were, I just went along! It was fun!

First we went to Petland Superstore for me. (He had something planned for all of us individually) I wanted to hold a baby bunny, but there weren't any, so I had to settle for a hamster, lol! Then we went to Value Village for Abi for "new" clothes! She picked out two cute tops and a jean dress. (I managed to talk her out of this horrible-looking 2-pc pink outfit, lol) Then sushi for Dad for lunch (it wasn't too bad. Abi does NOT like it, but Kai & I can handle some of it. I'm getting more brave, yay go me! I can eat the tempura prawns! meanwhile, Kai can pop back those baby shrimp in the sunomono salad, lol. It's sooo cute to watch!!!) then Toy Traders for Kai & their train selection! It was a long day, but fun. It was so neat that Jono had figured this out, finding fun things for each one of us, that we'd enjoy! How thoughtful! I was impressed. Maybe the kids won't remember or notice, but I did, and that's what mattered.

The kids had an early night, thankfully. I should be in bed too now that Bryn has (finally) settled, but I've got things to do still. Of course! Cards to make for three friend's belated birthdays (oops—ecards count though, don't they?) and one for Jono's grandma's birthday. (which is today, but we're celebrating tomorrow. Chinese dinner… they have YUMMY soup, Chinese tea and lemon chicken! Can't wait!)

Speaking of birthdays…. today is MINE!!!! Well, not birth-birthday, but birthday in Christ! Yep, today, I became a Christian!!!! 16 years ago! WOW!!! I was 13 when I prayed that prayer. Sure, I grew up in a Christian home, and I attended church and went to Christian schools, but it wasn't until I heard this one song that made me realize that Jesus died for ME. Even if there was no one else in the world, He still would've done it. I listened to Michael W. Smith's song "Secret Ambition." (click here and then click on the song title to hear a short sampling off his wonderful album "i 2 {eye}" from '88..a really good disc, even if it shows the time! lol Ahhh.. brings back memories… Ashton, and The Throne… wow! After reading Frank E. Peretti… wow. my eyes are going misty as I travel down memory lane!! lol wish I had a link to the video though, oh well..) It was THAT song that made me cry all night long. And this is the day I remember that. Sixteen years. Wow.

Secret Ambition
(Michael W. Smith)

Young man up on the hillside
Teaching new ways
Each word winning them over
Each heart a kindled flame
Old men watch from the outside
Guarding their prey
Threatened by the voice of the paragon
Leading their lambs away
Leading them far away

Chorus:
Nobody knew His secret ambition
Nobody knew His claim to fame
He broke the old rules steeped in tradition
He tore the Holy Veil away
Questioning those in powerful position
Running to those who called His name
(But) Nobody knew His secret ambition
Was to give His life away

His rage shaking the temple
His word to the wise
His hand healing on the seventh day
His love wearing no disguise
Some say Death to the radical
He's way out of line
Some say Praise be the miracle
God sends a blessed sign
A blessed sign for troubled times

Chorus:
Nobody knew His secret ambition
Nobody knew His claim to fame
He broke the old rules steeped in tradition
He tore the Holy Veil away
Questioning those in powerful position
Running to those who called His name
(But) Nobody knew His secret ambition
Was to give His life away

no, no
no, no
i tell you nobody knew,
untill he gave his life away

If you have ANY questions regarding Jesus or His plan for you or His LOVE, check out THIS site. http://www.needhim.org/ or call 1-800-NEED HIM.


I chose Him on Palm Sunday in 1991. Easter is coming up and it's something to think of if you haven't already.



In other news… I have my MRI in the morning. I'm feeling blah about it.. not expecting much to come out of it, to be honest. I'm also not looking forards to laying there on a metal sheet for over an hour. It would be different if I could take some paper in with me and write (lol) but maybe I'll get a nap in. How neat would that be? lol It's not likely to happen…



Well, I"d better get some stuff done before bedtime.
Blessings,

LAW.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers