Sunday, April 22, 2007

Abi's tip toe walking

For as long as she has been walking, Abi has always walked on her tiptoes. We'd get comments on it on how she should be in ballet because she's so natural and how she's so cute and such. But now at age five, I'm starting to worry about her legs. She has strong calves and that's great, but what about the muscles in the front? We try to get after her to walk flat footed, but she'll only do it for a few steps, then she's back up on her toes! *grr*

I did a search on it, and found nothing that seems to be "her". She doesn't have any diseases or chromosone disorders or whatever. All I can figure is that it is "Idiopathic Tiptoe walking", which just means it's a habit!

I had a doctor's apointment for myself on Friday and was going to ask for a referral to a pediatrician for Abi's feet. (Apparently I'm supposed to book a separate apt for stuff re: them too! *blush* –my old dr let me ask those things, oops, my bad) She did look at Abi though, checked out her legs and knees and played with her ankles. Said that her legs look good, only a bit knock-kneed, but that's normal until about age 7 or something. Her muscles also look good, so we don't need to be too concerned, which was good to hear. She was going to refer us to an orthopedic surgeon, (eek) but then decided to just recommend we try physical therapy first. (which medical likely won't cover, but if it's necessary, I'll pay for it) If things aren't helped, then she can recommend us further, but I don't think we'll need to go that drastic.

At least I'm one step closer. I'll be doing some calls I guess…

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers