Friday, April 6, 2007

updates

Well, I got my MRI results in the mail on Friday, which surprised me. I didn't know they would mail them out! I saw my rheumatologist yesterday (Wed) as well for results, which he just confirmed for me. I have no signs of Anklyosing Spondylitis. Hmm… So after two years of thinking this is what I had, we can close the book on it! It's bittersweet, to be honest. I don't want it, I'm glad I don't have it, but it's strange to NOT have it. If that makes sense.


So what is it??? That's the frustrating part. We need to start looking again. The dr did say that we just may never find an answer but find that the pain can be controlled with back exercise. I can deal with that, I guess. The MRI letter did suggest that there was a "possibility of a fairly long syrinx" Of course, I HAD to look that up b/c I had no idea what it was! It's another word for a cyst, and from what I looked up, it's pretty painful! One site went as far as saying "severe disability"! Eek! So I was feeling a bit worried about that. My husband told me to stop looking up things! LOL Well, the dr didn't even bring it up! So I did! He basically told me not to even think about that, there was nothing to worry about, I didn't have the symptoms! Phew!!! That was a relief! He also said that my back wouldn't be sore from disjointed hips or pelvis from childbirth, and said he's never seen a case where that actually happens!


Back to the drawing board. I have another X-Ray next week sometime (when I can fit it in) and we'll see if that shows anything. I'm not expecting it will though, but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.


Other good news is that my thyroid has gotten better… or that is, my prescription has gone down for my meds, so that's a good thing. I was told it can fluctuate every few months though, too, so maybe this isn't something to cheer about, but I thought it was! This is the first time it's gone DOWN since I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism in 2005!!!


Also, my eyes have gotten better and my prescription for glasses has gone down. Yay! The optometrist said that my contacts have been "good" to my eyes. Typically they aren't! So that's nice to hear. He checked the kids too and they're eyes are perfect, which is a relief. Even Bryn's eyes are good, and he's farsighted like he should be! :)


So other than everyone has colds/flus, we're doing well! It's always good having good news going into Easter, isn't it? I hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend, and that the power of the weekend is real to you, and may you feel blessed.

{{{hugs}}} to you!

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers