Thursday, May 24, 2007

could he be? is it possible?

I think Kai is starting to 'get' the idea of potty training! I am shocked! And so delighted! He's starting to pay more attention to things, and this week, on his own, he put on a pair of his undies! (looking back, though, I think he did that because he was going to wear them as swimming trunks since he has outgrown his from last summer!) On Tuesday night, he was really interested in the Potty Book at bedtime. (that's a book that Auntie Jenn got for Abi when she was the same age, so it's written for girls, but it's the same idea for boys) There is a part in the story where the girl goes out to pick out her own underwear after using the potty, and Kai asks, "Lello?" He wanted to know if he could get his own yellow pair! Abi tried to tell him that boys don't wear yellow undies, but we said he could get whichever kind he wanted! (Well, within reason, LOL) And yesterday and today, he has told ME that he's poppy!!! I was so surprised!

I can smell that he needs to be changed, but usually every time I bring it up, he gets angry at me, as if I've wronged him!!! (roll eyes) But this time he came up to me and said, "I poppy" YAY!!! I'm so pleased! As I'm changing him, he says, "I poop poop!" LOL!

SO maybe he's starting to get ready! He'll be potty trained by September for school!!!! YAY!

It's funny b/c I've been so annoyed and frustrated by this whole thing. I knew that Abi didn't train until she was 3 1/2, so I figured that Kai would do the same, but I so badly wanted him done earlier! I was hoping he'd get it sooner. Silly me for being so concerned! *sigh* *blush*

OH! Another update on Kai… I did register him for preschool today. I decided that I should be able to make it back here on time. (I was actually talking to a girl who's son also attends Abi's K class, who used to live two doors down from me, and she said that she made it back for her other son's preschool class on time. That made me feel better.) So I did the phone registration this morning. (I was so worried I wouldn't get through, but had to keep reminding myself that if it didn't work out, it didn't, and I was going to let happen happen.) Kai is in a class for 3 & 4 year olds, with Teacher Michelle, on Tues & Thurs. Yay! I'm so happy. (so is Michelle!)

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers