Thursday, May 24, 2007

he's graduated!

Bryn saw the pediatrician yesterday and we were told that he's graduated and doesn't need to see him again! Yay! :) He was also weighed at 9kg, which is a bit less than what the scale said at the Public Health Unit, but that's okay. I think translated it is 19lbs 8oz. He's still a pound heavier than Kai at 9ms, and two over Abi! I'm happy still.

guess what? He's also jumped up Big time on the growth scale! He used to be below average (but still on the rate) but now he has jumped and is Average for height and weight. (I don't remember what his height was yesterday) I'm so pleased. It looks like he's definitely catching up to his peers, and that makes me happy. I have no worries for him.

Well, except for one… I mentioned his choking and gagging on pieces of food, and the ped mentioned how ther are two different kinds of gagging in an infant. They'll gag b/c they don't like the food and they'll gag b/c it just bothers him. He wanted to know if he has gagged on any foods that he typically likes, but the truth is, I haven't tried him on many foods at all! I'm nervous!!! So he wants me to cut up one of his faveourite foods (peaches) and see how he does. I'm scared he'll gag and choke again! Now, the pieces chopped up won't be too big to fit down his throat, but it's the whole idea of him gagging on foods that make me panic that he'll choke and will have trouble breathing and such! It's the protector in me!

But I tried small pieces of pancakes last night! Yum! He had them in his mouth and he was trying to figure it out if he liked them or not, lol. Eventually they came out onto his shirt with his silly tongue! It made me laugh! I didn't try again. I'll have to see what I can do tonight.

If we find out that he's gagging on foods he likes, then we will have to do a Barium Swollow on him to see if his reflux has caused damage to his throat and such. :( Poor baby. I'm worried it will come to that.

I guess the pediatrian is confident it's not that or he wouldn't have told us we didn't need to see him again! :) Oh, he also told me to tell the family to stop feeding Bryn! LOL He said how families will sometimes feed a baby constantly when they are on the underweight side to bring them up. Yeah, I can see that, but my family hasn't been too bad! Anyways, he wanted me to tell the family that we don't need to do that anymore! Okay? Got that everyone? Hahaha!

Pray that I can get him to eat chunkier foods soon. I'm worried it may be an oral sensory thing. He tends to gag easy. Maybe he has a sensitive gag reflex like his Daddy? But if it's a sensory thing, I just dread the idea of having him go through therapy to get him to eat and such. :( So sad. But I'm going to try not to jump ahead of myself here! Focus on small things, like finding foods to try!

Other than that, everything is normal and good and I'm happy! He is such a delight!

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers