Tuesday, May 22, 2007

he's so clever

Bryn had a visit from Michele from the Infant Development Program this morning. (she used to come and see Kai all last year, until he turned 3 and his case was closed. I think she came to see him for his FTT. It was all so silly. Well, now she's seeing Bryn b/c he was a preemie) I had to keep Kai home because of it though b/c she was going to come just before his class ended, so there wouldn't be much use sending him to preschool for an hour. (ok, maybe there would be, lol) But then she called and asked if she could come earlier, at 9:30am, so I could've sent Kai anyways, grr. Oh well.

Michele did an "ages and stages questionairre" on Bryn for 8 months old, which is sort of his corrected age. And I am proud to say he passed it with flying colours! He is way ahead of the "at-risk" cut off, so I am pleased. He's doing so well. He can roll over and sit up on his own, is using lots of sounds and consonants, can pick up small items. He seems to favor his left hand right now, which is interesting. I don't know if it will mean anything in the end, but my Dad and my nephew are lefties, so it's in the family. (I don't know why people get so concerned about children using their right hand. Or maybe I'm misinterpreting her interest. But it's always bothered me. Likely b/c of the horror stories Dad would imply when he had to switch to right handed in kindergarten.)

My little guy is doing so well. She will come back when he is a year old (which is coming up so soon, it's so bizarre!) and will do another A&S Questionnaire for a year old. (no age correction) I'm looking forwards to that! I know he'll do so well.

He's still puking daily, but it's only small spit up amounts. Sometimes it'll be a huge amount, but that's not too often. He sees the pediatrician tomorrow just for a follow up and I'm going to mention that and the fact that he gags and chokes on small food pieces. I can't give Bryn Cheerios or baby cookies yet. I've tried to, but he typically ends up gagging or coughing and choking as soon as it hits the back of his throat. I've seen on MWP that this is pretty typical with reflux babies, so I'm not too worried. I'll just take it slower. But I'll mention it anyways. I'm hoping it's not a oral sensory thing, but it could be hyperactive oral stimulation, Michele said. We'll see what Dr. Ward says tomorrow.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers