Saturday, July 7, 2007

Lucky Day?

For some reason today….07-07-07….. is supposed to be considered a "lucky" day. I'm not too sure why that is or what exactly that means, but I know a lot of people have gotten married today! I know also that the number 7 (as well as the number 40) have great significance in the Bible, but I also don't know why. Something about it being a "perfect" number I think. But whatever the story behind today's date, I don't feel that it was a spectacular day. Quite the opposite actually.

Well, there is One Good thing that occurred today and that is the 30th birthday of my wonderful and dear friend, Heather, who lives back in Ontario. Yay! I miss her so much! :( The worst part is that we haven't talked in a few months. (she's a very busy girl) so I feel a bit out of the loop, so to say. I hope that whatever happened to her today, it was grand. I'm dying to know how her boyfriend surprised her today!

But that aside….

I had my first ever Open House to celebrate the brand-new Fall/Winter Collection from Stampin' Up! I was very excited and nervous. The typical thoughts run through your head: will people come? But I managed to prepare and try to keep a positive thought on things. I knew for sure that my sister was coming, and so that was one! :) My neighbour also came. That was two. And that was it. I was sooooo disappointed. I know that today was a very busy day (weddings, you know, lol) and that it wasn't personal, but you feel crappy anyways. *sigh* I am determined not to let it get me down though. I just wish I could've sold off my old products to make way for the new ones! Blah! Oh well, I guess I'll have to be creative this summer. At least my first Stamp Club is starting this Wednesday! Yay! I have 8 women in the group and I am so excited about the project we're making!!! Jono came up with the concept…*smile*

*sigh*
deep breath

And now on to the worst news of the day…

I found out that my friend's baby died today and my heart is slowly shattering. I was fearing any emails from her child's page on caringbridge as I was waiting to hear the news. The poor baby just wasn't born healthy and it hurts. I can not even begin to imagine what my friend is going through, but she used the words that she felt like she was killing her child as baby girl slowly slipped away struggling. I remember feeling the same way when I was administered methotrexare after my first ectopic pregnancy. I didn't get the chance to hold my baby or see the pain she went through, so I was spared, but I know the hollowness.

I have been crying today on and off and praying constantly for the family. Will you please pray for them too, with me? Their little girl was born 10 weeks too soon and the blessed thing is that she is whole now in Heaven, but she had to leave behind a heartbroken mother, father and two older sisters. Please pray for peace and strength for them. Pray that they will be able to find comfort in the arms of our loving Father, who creates life and is broken when one is cut short too.

Lissa, I don't have the words, but my heart is crying for you and is broken.

Today is not a lucky day for me.

I hope everyone else' day was better.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers