Monday, July 9, 2007

went to the doctor today

I had another "diabetic reaction" this morning at noon. I almost caught it time though, but still felt weak and shakey in my arms and legs, but I was feeling well within the hour. I checked my blood sugar level and they were at 4.0 That sounded a bit low to me, and my mom confirmed too, so I wasn't feeling well about it all. Maybe I do have diabetes.

When I mentioned it to my doctor, the levels and my reactions and such, she said the levels were Normal and that it sounded okay. She went as far as saying that she didn't think that this "reaction" was from diabetes! WTH? Really? Hmmm… then what is it? Not that I Want to have diabetes, but I'd like to have some clue!!! She is sending me for a blood test though, and she will test ….this is the list: B12, Ferritin, Glucose Fasting, Folate Serum/RBC, Urea, TSH (for my thyroid levels…something I was supposed to do 3 weeks ago, *blush*) Creatinine, Electrolytes and a Complete Blood Count. Hmm.. not too sure what half of that means, but she mentioned checking my thyroid, diabetes, and for anemia.

She actually thinks it may be my thryoid. Possible. She also is wondering if I'm pregnant!!!! *enter shocked face here* Excuse me? I don't think so!!! I had my regular cycle last month, and I'm due again next week. When I see her next week for the results, if it hasn't come she will test me, which is strange since it's not due till a few days after, but okay! It's a free pee test, whatever!

Poor Jonathan looked dumbfounded when I told him what the doctor suggested! I think it scared him just a wee bit!!! HAHAHA! poor guy! Well, I don't "feel" pregnant, so if it comes out positive he won't be the only one shocked! LOL I was just surprised that she dismissed diabetes. But we'll have to see how this test turns out. I'm going first thing in the morning. (read: when I get my butt into gear, lol)

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers