Saturday, September 1, 2007

saved by grace

I was just about to publish my last post when Bryn intervened. He was this tendancy to crawl under my feet and play with the cords, which frightens me as well as annoys me! He loves to turn off the power bar when I'm in the middle of something VERRRY Important!!! (roll eyes) Maybe that's his way of saying that it's time for Mommy to get off the computer! *grumble*grumble* Now his latest thing is to pull out the plug for the internet! grr!

I was just finishing up my last statement, when I get the message that a "local connection has been disconnected". (roll eyes) BRYYYYN!!! Then the screen goes black! EEP! A moment later and it is restored. H'mm… Then I smell something burning!

I crawled under the table so fast, and there is Bryn sitting on the floor all happy and oblivious! Beside him is one of our chop sticks with a blackened tip!!!!! I guess when he was playing his favourite game of "wave-the-stick-around-and-see-what-we-can-whack", it connected with the electical socket, which I may add wasn't even completely exposed!!! So now our chop stick doesn't match it's partner! Of course, they are wooden, but the end has an aluminum tip for decoration. One now has a burn mark and two small holes in it!!! Gleeps!

Now, I don't know much about electricity and power and what can and can not happen, but it sure is a scary thought! I can't help but immediately thank my God for protecting my baby from harm and saving our house from a possible fire. He is Good! We are saved by grace in more ways than one.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers