Thursday, October 11, 2007

card contest

I'm being very brave and am going to enter a card contest! I came across this contest a while ago, and well, sure enough, the day snuck up on me and nearly passed! Eep! The deadline for entry is Tonight…in 1/2 hour to be exact! Good thing I sent mine in already! *smile*

The rules were to make an Original Christmas Card for Stampinsars, another SU! demonstrator in Abbotsford. I love seeing how other demonstrators work and they creations they come up with.

This is the card I came up with. I don't know how "Original" it is, I'm sure it's been done before, but hopefully she'll think it's Original in design! It's a three-column tag card that stands up on it's own. I made one similar with my sidelines in August, and then redesigned it for my Stamp Club. We made this last month, and it took forever!!!! The snowman is actually a shaker box filled with micro beads. FUN! My first time actually making one…and I had to show a group how to do it as well! (Or how NOT to, lol!)





(all items are SU! except for the ribbon on the top of the tags. They are unknown from the dollar store. The glitter is Stickles.)

I'll let you know the results of the contest. Sarah will post all the entries on her site too. I'm looking forwards to seeing all the ones she (and the judges) had to choose from! I'm sure it won't be easy!

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers