Saturday, October 6, 2007

Happy WCMD!

Today is the First Annual World Card Making Day…and I didn't get to create much. *pout* Oh, but I did make 12 birth announcements for my SIL, who is having her baby in 3 days, so that counts. I've told her I'll make 50 and I've done 22, with 12 ready to put together and 16 to go… phew! I'll post a photo of them soon…once I get one taken! I read on Beate's blog on how she takes her amazing photos, so maybe mine will start to look more professional. Can't promise anything, but well, I've been surprising myself lately!

I was so excited about WCMD since I first heard of it through Stampin' Up! (one of the major supporters of the event) and was planning on hosting a stamp event at my house, and even wrote the date on the calendar so that my DH couldn't complain. But as the date grew nearer, I became less prepared (I really don't like things at the beginning of the month as moving from one to the next is not easy. I see one calendar month and only that month and forget to connect that the next months' things need to be prepared when the current one is drawing an end as to make a smooth transition to the next. *sigh* I never learn! lol) Then DH claimed the day we're having dinner at the ILs that day! It was obviously an American who came up with October 6th as WCMD, as no Canadian would chose such an event to fall on their Thanksgiving Weekend! (roll eyes) So in the end, I had to cancel my event. phooey. *pout* But maybe I'll be able to plan something else soon…

If you are interested in learning more about WCMD, check out the official site. Click under the header "create" for some cards you can CASE (copy and share everything) made by sponsors. Then stop over under "share" for cards that were uploaded by many talented cardmakers who participated in the event. Inspiring!

I LOVE this card for it's simple and beautiful design made by KJ0915



And just because I want to get one of Mine in….here is one I did for my Mom's birthday back in April using Petals & Paisley DS paper, Doodle This stamp set, Double Line Doodles stamp set, Vintage Violet c/s (retired) all from SU! Oh, and the magnets, I made those too!



Other news for the day is that I went to the clinic b/c I am so SICK of being dizzy!!! I've been dizzy every single day, feeling crappy, for over a week! I was so determined it was something drastic. Not too sure if that's b/c I hate to think of it being something simple or b/c I am paranoid or a hypochondriac or something, but c'mon, why shrug something off as a common cold when you can hypothesize on whether or not you need to go to the ER!!!! LOL *wink* I had seen my own doctor on Tuesday and she just shrugged off the dizziness (as well as my other plaguing symptoms) with a caution to not "stand up too fast!" (roll eyes) Suddenly last night it occurred to me that maybe, just maybe, this was only a Simple Thing!!!! And I recalled having sore ears and a sore throat about 2 weeks ago….. h'mmm….. *blush* Sure enough, this new clinic doctor has told me I have an Inner Ear Infection! Yay!!!! :p She actually looked into my ears, nose and throat and got me to follow her pen light with my eyes, and MAN! that made me dizzy!!!! ugh! So I'm on gravol for that, and need to pick up some antibiotics for the infection. I am SO glad to have this figured out. I was really starting to wonder about me!!! Especially after my doctor told me that my thyroid came back as normal and regulated and my iron looks fine, and she even said my pee is normal (dang, I shouldn't have drank so much water and peed so often before my apt, I think I sqwered the results!!!! OF COURSE it looked normal! I was at the doctor's! Grr!!!!!) But yeah…. I'm rambling, aren't I? It's the infection talking. I'm sure of it! Why else would an exhausted sick girl climb OUT of bed to go on the internet??? LOL

Other GREAT news: My wee baby took some steps on his own today!!! He has learned to stand on his own in the past few weeks, but isn't confident all the time. He is desperate to be on the GO though, so he'll attempt some steps now! *GLEE!!!!!* Laying on the couch at MILs, I saw Bryn take 4 hesitant steps and I was watching him with large doe eyes, wondering if he was actually going to make it all the way to his Auntie Jenn!!!! She was wondering the same thing! We were watching him in excitment and silence encouragement. (we didn't want to say anything and break the moment!!!) But he plunked to the floor after his 4th step! How exciting! I'll have to make sure to have my camera ready tomorrow in case he tries a repeat!

WOW! It's midnight! Eep! Where did the time go? I must head back to bed. My ears are itchy and I'm getting dizzy and I hear that Bryn has woken up, looking for his bottle. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers