Thursday, October 18, 2007

welcome Paisley

We got a puppy!!! I know, we must be crazy, but it was a sudden decision and I didn't really know what to say! Jono saw a sign for puppies for sale at this house we pass on our way home from church, so he went to check them out with his mom. I get a phone call from him, and his Exact words were: They are SOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!

OMGosh, is he a GIRL????? LMBO!!!! It's just that he NEVER reacted that way to any of our children!!!!! LMBO! (roll eyes)

So, the kids and I went over to the house with him for a peek. I KNEW we'd come home with a dog. Even though he said it was My final decision, I felt it was already figured out as soon as he said he was checking them out! ;) How am I to say No when he's obviously giddy?

There were 9 puppies to choose from (yes NINE!!! The mother actually had 10, but one died after birth, how sad. But TEN???? Good golly!!!!) but Jono had his eye on the runt of the litter. She was cute, seemed "calm" enough… the kids seemed fine with the idea….. It's funny, the only one who was the most excited was Jono! The rest of us weren't bothered either way, it seemed! LOL

So we went home with our new puppy! Her name is Paisley (I came up with that!) and she is 9 1/2 weeks old. Her mother is a Shepard/Ridgeback cross. We were told that her father was Brindal, which we had never heard of, until we were told later at the vet's that brindal is a COLOUR type! *blush* We did hear that the father is most likely the Mastif that lives two doors down, and I'd concur based on her face.

Welcome, Paisley!


She is such a great addition to our family. I'm happy we have her….even though she is a LOT of work and troublesome! LOL After she had been home for a few hours, Jono said to me that he felt that our family was "complete"! (whatever that means, hahaha) She really does fit in great, and already loves us all. She is attached to myself (I held her and comforted her in the car as we left her birth home), and Jono (she can likely sense that he 'knows' dogs and loves her), and Bryn (we think she thinks he's another puppy! LOL She's forever climbing all over him, licking his face, nibbling his ears, lol) **our cat, Nakita, is still getting used to her though. She hisses and growls at her! lol



This is my first time owning a dog, so this is a bit strange for me. Day 5 and I'm already sick of her pooping on everything!!!!! *grr* …we're working on the potty training, but seeing as I"m STILL working on my first son in that area, I don't have high hopes in my ability!!! :p

Isn't she a cutie? :)

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers