Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Oh how He loves us

"How He loves" ~ John Mark McMillan

He is jealous for me
Love’s like a hurricane, I am a tree
Bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy
When all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory
and I realize just how beautiful You are and how great your affections are for me.
Oh, how He loves us so
Oh, how He loves us
How He loves us so.

Yeah, He loves us
Woah, how He loves us
Woah, how He loves us
Woah, how He loves.

So we are His portion and He is our prize,
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes
If grace is an ocean we’re all sinking
So heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss and my heart turns violently inside of my chest
I don’t have time to maintain these regrets when I think about the way

That he loves us,
Woah, how He loves us
Woah, how He loves us
Woah, how He loves

He loves us,
Woah, how He loves us
Woah, how He loves us
Woah, how He loves




I have been listening to this song all day long, loud and often, dancing and praising, lifting my arms, and it's been awesome! I just came across this song by accident on a friend's Facebook profile SuperWall. I am in LOVE with it!!!! You HAVE to listen to it and check out the link above. It is being sung by Kim Walker of Jesus Culture. (neither of which I've heard of) I love her passion and her voice. "God wants to Encounter YOU!"

"I have called you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;…since you are Precious and Honored in my sight, and because I love you."
~ Isaiah 43:1b-4a

I don't know what else to add to this. This song stirrs my heart. I pray that your heart may be open as well.


ETA: this video here is done by the writer of the song, and gives the explanation of it. It made me BAWL!!! It is emotional and powerful and joyful all at once. Check it out as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chx6s3qXKt4&feature=related

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers