Friday, April 4, 2008

OB

I'm so excited! This afternoon, I get to see an OB! I talked briefly with my doctor at the maternity clinic on Monday about pre-term labor and such, and so she has decided to refer me to an Obstetrician. (which is someone my SIL has been telling me to see!) I have hit 24 weeks, which in Canada, is considered Viability. You'd think that would be encouraging, but somehow it has gotten me more paranoid! If my baby is born now, there is a chance of survival –one of those good-bad pieces of info they tell Moms. It doesn't help that I've never gone full term and that my last pregnancy ended at 33 weeks.

I got a call from the OB's office yesterday saying that they had just gotten my referral that afternoon and were upset that I was so far along already, that I should've seen then a while ago. Having the receptionist tell me that actually made me feel good! It was nice to have someone concerned about pre-term labor other than just me! My own doctor didn't seem too worried. :S Typically appointments are booked months in advance, but because I'm already nearing my Third Trimester (eek!) the receptionist has gotten me in Today!!! I'm anxious! :)

Is it presumptuous of me to hope that I'll have some answers today….or some sense of relief? The doctor may not even have a clue as to why I don't go full term, but having someone else look into it makes me feel better. I"m already paying closer attention to my body…noticing the BH and making sure I"m not leaking fluid (which I think I have twice this week already, but nothing major) I was spoiled by my last doctor…she knew my history since I'd been seeing her since I was 14….so she was interested in this as well. She at least attempted to find out solutions! My new doctor, while she is very nice and seems capable, hasn't shown any thought regarding pre-term, leaving me a *bit* anxious.

I wonder what the OB will do? I can't wait for my appointment! I feel silly for being excited, but I am! I hope I'm not sadly disappointed! LOL

ETA: Well, my appointment did not happen. :( I got the boys ready and we went down to White Rock and I arrived early enough, just to have the receptionist say, "I tried to call you…." My face fell and I felt crushed. The OB was just called out for an emergency delivery. The worst part was that the receptionists made it sound as though it were MY fault that I didn't get any message not to come!!! I felt like crying. :( Talk about putting too much expectation on the day, eh? Oops. :( The good news is that they were able to fit me in to see a different OB a month from now. I'll be 27 weeks then, so still early enough….I hope!!! ;) *sigh* I'm trying not to get too anxious about things I can not control or don't have any proof for.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers