Thursday, May 29, 2008

Two More Weeks!

I saw my OB on Tuesday. She was actually there….well, she was late, but I still saw her! The receptionist didn't ask me if I was pregnant this time, phew!!! (roll eyes) The visit went well. She said that in the end, it turns out that my waters didn't rupture after all!!!! (uhm, isn't that what I said???? LOL) But I still leaked, so I'm still on Bed Rest. (well, she called it "lounging"!!!!) But just for two more weeks!!! She said that after 34 weeks, all should be fine and if I get up and Woosh, I go into labor, it's all fine, I'll likely be taking a baby home! Yay!!! She predicts that this baby is already over 4lbs….which would be so strange! Let's not get it TOO big, sheesh, I don't know if my body can actually HAVE a typical baby!!!!!! I don't know what she is basing this guestimation on… my size??? I'm measuring on target, I haven't gained much weight at all. I'm reminded that we also though Kai would be over 5lbs too….. ;) I need to see the dietician just to see if we can get my numbers tweaked, although things are looking pretty good for my Gestational Diabetes. My numbers are a little high still, but not drastic, in her opinion.

I saw my doctor at the Mat Clinic this afternoon and it was more of a "catch up" visit since I hadn't seen her in a month. She also discussed the Antibody Thing with me a bit more, which is what I was wondering she wanted to see me about. The OB tried to tell me about it. Apparently it is VERY rare (since I am Positive, not negative, in blood type) (Antibody -JKA) which is why there is practically No information out there on it! It means that this baby will likely be jaundiced (anemic), but the bigger worry is on me. If anything were to happen to me and I needed a blood transfusion, it is Imperative that they know of the antibodies as if I am given the wrong blood type (even the universal donor)….well, yeah, it's not good. The OB mentioned that I should consider getting a medic alert bracelet. I thought that was interesting. I was thinking then, "what for? I mean, if I'm only going to be pregnant for another 2-4 weeks…the bracelet won't get to me in time! And it's not like I'm left on my own much…." But then my Wonderful, Beautiful, Extremely Smart and Helpful Sister (*big grin* all true) said that she wondered if it meant that I'll have this the rest of my life. H'mm…that hadn't occurred to me (obviously) We still don't even know HOW I have this!!! The OB speculated that maybe it could've happened during a previous pregnancy…. that maybe some blood mixed? I don't know. All I know is that this is VERY RARE and there is NO info out there (that I could find). *roll eyes* only me!


My doctor mentioned that my Antibody Thing is going to be with me forever, so I'll need to get a bracelet in case I were in a car accident and needed a transfusion or something. If I'm given the wrong type of blood it would be fatal, which is a scary thought. But I don't plan on being in any accidents and needing transfusions, LOL :) She also said that I MAY need to see a pediatrician before the baby is born, but I can't remember why. I'll be seeing one after baby arrives just to keep an eye on this antibody thing and the anemia. I guess the baby could be jaundiced for longer than normal and we don't want it to reach dangerous levels. I had my blood test to check to see if my antibodies are increasing or not today. I'm not too sure what that would mean though. (UGH, I have SUCH a case of Pregnancy Brain lately!!!!)


Also, the doctor is going to let me know if she will order another ultrasound for me or not. (ooh, what fun!!!) But things are looking good. I've gained 10lbs so far, which is good but I have to see the dietician for my Gestational Diabetes.
 
And that was about it for the two doctor's appointments.

I still get intense Braxton Hicks daily, and sharp pains occasionally, but nothing like contractions or on a regular basis. I'm supposed to go up to the Mat Ward if I leak again, and call her if I get CX. Every night I go to bed feeling like I've swollowed a watermelon (or "waterlemon" as Kai calls them) whole. UGH! I feel sore and achey, like this could happen any time, but then another day goes by…. But Two More Weeks…!!!! Eeek! I'm happy to think this will soon be "over", and I must admit that having been told Two Weeks makes me think that's when the baby will come, because I'm silly! My Hunny seems to think I could go until 37 weeks. How cruel of him!!! :) I'm just happy if I make it past 34 weeks! After that, the baby can come anytime! :)

To be honest, being OFF Bed Rest makes me fearful. It's just that I like being lazy. I'll be honest. It fits me! :) I'm doing more stuff as the days go by, spending more time stamping and sleeping (goodness, I was so Exhausted today) and spending more "quiet" times with the boys (or attempting to) but not doing the HARD work like cleaning or important things like that. Julie has been an INCREDIBILE help for me. She has cleaned and organized so much in my house… it surprises me! I'm hoping that one day she will eventually find nothing left to clean, LOL *wink* Sometimes I feel badly about all the work she's put in and I wonder if she thinks I'm messy or dirty or gross by my bad disorganized habits, but then I tell myself that she likes to do these neurotic cleaning (really!!!) and that she's doing this out of love. And if she had those thoughts about me, she surely wouldn't tell me, LOL :) *sigh* I'm never going to be able to repay her, am I? :( I was thinking about it the other night and the Veggie Tales video "Esther" (I can't remember the whole title– preggo brain, remember?) and how Haman tells the King that he should throw a parade and put this Wonderful Man on the King's horse and have someone announce real loudly, "this is a really neat guy!" (He thought the King wanted to honor him, not his nemesis, Mordecai!!!!) ….I was thinking I should parade my sister around and shout, "This is a really neat girl!" Think she'd like that?
Anyways, I digress….what was I talking about???


Oh, right, going OFF bed rest… I'm really nervous about it b/c suddenly after 5 weeks I'll be expected to pick up on everything I haven't done? Suddenly I'll have to get up, get the kids ready and off to school, speech therapy, etc, and then pick up Abi and get dinner ready and prepare them for bedtime… plus cleaning and such… the whole thing really makes me feel Terrified. :( I don't know if I can handle it all. I'm afraid of collapsing, that I'll be too tired, that I won't be able to cope. :( So while I don't want to Over Use my sister and I really don't want this whole thing to go on forever for everyone's health & sanity and I don't want people to feel that we're taking advantage of them or expecting too much or whatnot…. *sigh* …the whole thing is a bit scary to me! The idea of having to deal with a newborn, and three very active children and a husband is starting to scare me too!!!! Eep! Maybe that's why I'm not sleeping well lately…I've got so many worries on my mind. Silly me. I should trust God that things will work out and that those who love us will continue to help out willingly where they can and be honest about their limitations.
One day at a time, right? Aside from my worries, things ARE going well. I AM still blessed.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers