Tuesday, August 5, 2008

We're Home!!!

We're Home!!!!

What a weekend! I hope that everyone had a wonderful Long Weekend (for those who aren't local; it was BC Day on Monday)….I was feeling lonely and bummed that I was missing out on all the festivities. But I did get to spend some time with Rhys and meet some great nurses (Go Nurses!!!!! *big grin*) Let's see if I can recall all the events this weekend up until now, where I sit at the computer in a hot house with a beautiful peanut sleeping in my lap…

When I came in on Friday night, his nj tube was removed, which was a nice surpise! On Saturday, they changed his constant feeding by tube to a bolis feed, which meant that it was done a larger amount every three hours. By that evening, as a complete surprise, I was told I could give him a bottle!!!!! He took it SO incredibly well that they said that I could do every feed by bottle and give the rest by tube if need be, but he only needed the ng tube used twice then went back to full-time bottle feeding!!! Hooray! God is good!

His progress over the weekend, and his taking to the bottle so quickly, has been such a surprise even for the nurses, doctors and for us. We were thinking it could take a whole two more weeks at the rate they were first going to take… This is such an answer to all of your prayers, and we thank-you for that. (thank-you also, Mom, for taking the kids for us. We'll come get them soon…. LOL!)

This morning, we had the OT's come in and do a Swollow Study on him. (Silly me, it was an Upper GI test they did the other day!) They were happy with everything and just gave me tips on his reflux. (not that I needed any, being a part of MWP, a reflux mom's online group, since Bryn's birth!!!) So here we are...safe and happy to be home. We have a lot of follow-up apointments though, with the pediatrician, the neurologist, the cardiologist, and our missed MRI… I guess they still want to be certain about some things. But Rhys is on Randadine for his reflux and for the most part, it seems to help.


Enjoy the sun & hug the ones you love!

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers