Friday, September 19, 2008

Cardio Apts.

Both Rhys and Kai had their Cardio appointments at the beginning of the month. Kai's bi-annual check-up and Rhys' follow-up, so both had ECHO's and EEGs done! Kai did super! He's gotten so used to them now that he doesn't move, just watches the video…so different from when he was 2 years old and I practically had to HOLD him down for the exams! Rhys wasn't too bad, just wanted to be held and fed, so we had to be crafty with that, especially with his Reflux! But we managed!

Kai weighs 14.1 kg (31 lbs.) Woo-hoo! He's getting bigger! :) He looks so thin and small that I fear he'll never get some "meat" on his bones! He's also 101.3 cm tall (3'4")

Rhys is 4.13kg (9.1 lbs) and 53cm (20") Getting bigger too! :)

As for the final diagnosis: Rhys' heart is perfectly normal. Praise God! I didn't really have a "feeling" anything was wrong, but it's always good to have that confirmation, isn't it? We won't need to see the cardiologist again for him. Kai's heart is still the same. His heart continues to grow as he grows, so it is still about a year to a year 1/2 "older" than he is in size. The Cardiologist (Dr. Hosking, I love this man, he fascinates me) increased his Vasotec, but everything else stayed the same. And believe it or not, he still hasn't gotten the results in from the biopsy way back in April! We assume that no news is good news, so I'm not worrying. He said he'd call me when he hears anything. I don't know what the future holds in store for Kai concerning his heart, and I sometimes scare myself when I read stories in the news of boys collapsing dead at school in a sporting event from an unknown heart condition, but the truth is he is doing well and we are treating his symptoms and he doesn't have to hold back…..because, believe me, I couldn't hold this kid back anyways! He is such a blessing!

Bryn also had a doctor's appointment this month and he weighs 12.5 kg (27.5 lbs) and only in the 30th percentile, which was a surprise. He's not as heavy as Kai! Wow!!! This boy is packed like a tree trunk! He's also 86cm (2'9")

Just a quick update!

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers