Friday, January 30, 2009

25 random things

This has been going around a bit this month, and I was tagged on FB. I didn't think I"d be able to come up with 25 things, but it turned out surprisingly easy! I love lists and notes and quizes and all that shtuff… I'm not tagging anyone, feel free to participate though and send me your link in a comment…

1. I used to write poetry. I used to be able to write them often, but now I can't seem to either find the time or have the inspiration as before.

2. I used to write stories, but that too is in the past, it seems. I decided in grade 2 that I was going to be a writer, and I really thought I would be, but things haven't turned out the way I expected. I'm too busy with other things and I guess this isn't as important as it once was to me. But maybe I will have a story of mine published one day…

3. I can't tan. It won't work. I can't even use a fake tanner! I should really go to a fake n' bake place, but I'm really too cheap and a bit too scared!

4. I'd still love to get my teeth fixed and get braces, even though I'm in my 30's. Sadly, my crooked teeth still make me self conscious.

5. I got my eyebrow pierced last summer. It lasted about 3 months before I decided to take it out. I had wanted a brow piercing since I was 14!!! Now I'm wishing for it again!!! I may just have to do it again…but my eyebrow is still tender. (???)

6. I have four children…3 of them which are boys. And even though it may not be the wisest decision for my health and sanity, I still long for another girl.

7. I attended Christian schools my entire childhood, but didn't make my own personal committment until grade 7, on March 23, 1991. 17 years ago. Wow.

8. I am entirely TOO loyal! Time and distance doesn't separate me from my love and friendship, but my loyalty has hurt me many times. But if you're a friend of me once, you always are!

9. I hate cooking. And cleaning. And generally any type of work, lol! I love being a "housewife" but I think that means that I like making up my own schedules and being lazy!!!

10. I haven't seen my extended family in Ontario in 11 years, yet I still miss them to death and desperately want to be a part of their lives. Either that or I pray God takes away my desires to know them so I stop feeling left out and hurt. *sigh*

11. I suffer from depression. It comes and goes. It's frustrating.

12. I have been a Stampin' Up! demonstrator for 3 years this month, and I LOVE it! I love stamping and I love making cards and I just love the whole creative process. I love teaching others how to make things, and I love the friendships. I would love to start my own team up and go to Leadership and earn the cruise trip and such, but right now I am just happy with doing my small thing with good friends. If you ever want to stamp cards, email me!

13.I thought I'd have a daycare from my own house once I started having children, but was surprised to find out not only are babies hard to take care of (well, some more than others!) but I also didn't have the affection nor interest in caring for others kids' anymore!!! (that sounded bad, I know!) Things are changing NOW though and I'd love to watch my friends children if need be!

14. I dream of living on a farm with a pond and ducks and kittens and bunnies and lots of kids running around! I dream of hostessing events at our place and having people stay over.

15. One day I'd love to go back to school to become a Counselor and specialize in youth issues.

16. I would Love to be involved in the deaf community and want to go back to school to finish my sign language course and become an interpretor.

17. I have had two ectopic pregnancies (one was my first pregnancy and the other my 4th) and as a result had to have surgery to remove my left fallopian tube. Despite the tragedy involved, I have made some wonderful friends through a group (www.ectopic.org) and do consider myself very blessed to have gone on to have four children in the end.

18. I need to lose a good 50lbs this year. And once I do I'm going to the club to celebrate!!!

19. I can not drive Standard. I so badly want to, it would be helpful if I could, but I've tried to learn twice and both times I failed. I'm just scared to bits!!!!

20. I want to go to the Burmuda Triangle and see if I'll get lost! I wanted to go there for my honeymon, but not only did we not have the money, but my hunny also thought I was crazy! (maybe he's a bit supersticious)

21.I want my sister to have babies soon!!! Oh, wait, can I put that on here? That's something random about me!!!

22. I still have a hard time addressing my kid's teachers by their first names even though they're now my peers!

23. I want to be a bear so I can hibernate in the winters!!! BRR!!!

24. I've had the same best friend since I was in Kindergarten. I'm blessed. Heather is wonderful and crazy and I love her so!

25. I wish I had more of a connection to my heritage. I'm part Dutch, but know nothing of the language or foods or anything. I'm part Irish but don't know where from or whom … I feel out of touch with my family sometimes.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers