Sunday, January 11, 2009

upcoming kids' class

I have a Stampin' Up! class booked at the end of next week and it's for a girl for her 8th birthday party. I am SOOOO excited! I've never actually done a party for a group of girls, although I have had a few young kids in classes with parents before, so this should be interesting. These are the projects I have designed for the girls. They aren't hard and should be lots of fun for them!



The first thing is the bouncy card. I need to pick up a more "bouncy" wire, but it still looks good the way it is! I got the idea off of Dawn. . You have to see her video. It's really easy to make one yourself….so says the girl who cursed under her breath at the odd sizes to cut and score at!!! LOL

The second is a super cute note. A 3×3 envelope is decorated with a 'floating' vellum butterfly, and you tuck your note into the slit at the top. I love it!

The third project is a bookmark with two flowers which my lovely neighbour helped trace and cut for me today! It's not my favourite work, I'll be honest (the bookmark, not my neighbour's tracing/cutting!) but I still think it's cute and will work for the girls. My 7 year old daughter and her best friend liked it, so that sealed the deal for me!

For the cost of the party, I am including two gifts for the goodie bags for the hostess. Check them out below. I love them!!!




They are candy skewers using SU! NEW trio heart punch. LOVE IT!!! (got that idea off of Andrea HERE. I'll need to find some cellophane bags still.) And the second are pillow boxes from the Big Shot, decorated with the NEW Love You Much stamp. Inside the boxes are more of the trio heart punches and I'm going to add something else still, but I don't know what yet. But it'll be good!

I can't wait for the class! I had so much fun planning this and I so want it to be so much fun for Michaila and her friends. That's what's the important part, right? That the girl has a great time for her birthday; I'm so excited that I get to be a part of it!

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers