Friday, March 27, 2009

9 months

Rhys is now 9 months old and such a cutie! He learned to sit up on his own last month, got his first tooth poking through and weighs 15 lbs! (7kg) He looks a lot like his siblings at this age too. He has such a gentle personality…sort of. Since he's been teething and battling a cold, he has developed quite the Shriek!!!! I can not get over how LOUD (and high-pitched) this baby can get! He is into babbling and learning to reach up and hug (so cute!) but doesn't giggle out loud much. I like to say he's like his Daddy in that way…mildly amused, laughing inside, that sort of thing!

Get your Rhys James' fill here:









I love him. I love him with such a deep love. He melts my heart. I am holding him closer…all my children closer…after reading about Stellan and the parents who have had to say goodbye to their children prematurely. (how did my mom do it?) God has blessed me with my children, in words I will never be able to express and in ways I'll never be able to repay, and I am honored to be able to love on them this side of heaven. My role as a Mother isn't easy and I often beat myself up about how I struggle and stress and can't seem to find a niche with it, while wondering how some mothers with more troubles seem to have it figured out. I know they have hard days too, but I wish my attitude expressed the same as theirs. I wish I were close enough to my God that things weren't as tough, if that makes sense. *sigh*

I know I'll never be perfect and I know I'll make mistakes and I'm sure I can keep myself up with all these regrets as my children grow. I've got to accept that in myself. What I've got to BELIEVE is that God put me here, He chose ME to have these gifts of children, He has given me the strength and the know-how to raise these kids the way that is the best. I am Right where He wants me to be! That in itself should humble me!

I don't know how I got sidetracked… we were drooling over pics of my Baby Honey. Don't you just want to dip him in chocolate?

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers