Saturday, June 27, 2009

Glory Days

Sometimes I struggle with the fact that I'm no longer young and carefree and can go out whenever I want, all hours of the night. A lot of my favourite memories are of when I was 19 and clubbing and hanging with friends late. *sigh*

So I've decided to shake the booty God (and overeating and lack of exercise) gave me right in my own living room. But soon realized that my stamina leaves one less than desirable. I'm out of breath by the end of the song---that is, if I even make it that far! Whatever happened to hittin' the dance floor once I get there at 9:30pm until close at 2am?

So then I decided to take up drinking again. Good grief! Is that NOT easy to do! The kids are always interrupting! Turns out, I don't have many alcoholic tastebuds anymore either! I bought a 4-pack of Coolers a while ago---a long while ago--and couldn't get past the first bottle. For shame.


Guess I'll have to admit it. I'm OLD. Those "glory days" are long gone. But maybe, just maybe, I'm not old, Just TOO responsible. Yeah, that's it. I'm married. Worked full time as a retail manager before children blessed my life. I have 4 little ones now to care for. No time to "indulge" in such wanton behaviour.

Which got me thinking the other night: how do celebrities do it? They're in their 30's (some. or late 20's), married (some). And they're out there all hours, celebrating, vacationing. Enjoying summer 12 months of the year. So age and marriage has nothing to do with it.

H'mm. Guess it's just a different life in Hollywood, eh? When I think of it, I'm happy that I have a family & responsibilites. It's not an easy life, or always a "fun and games" one. But it's mine. And it's Full.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers