Tuesday, June 23, 2009

oooh, burn

Abi had a bunch of her girl friends from her class over to play two weeks ago. They ran through the sprinkler, chased the neighbour boys and made fun crafts. When they left, I gave them invitations to come to the Sunny Stampers Camp I'm having in July. It's a 2-day morning camp for kids ages 5+. It'll be fun crafts and such. I hope I get a good response.

When I picked up the kids from school last week, one of Abi's friends told me that she couldn't come to my "craft thing" because her mom said that my house is "too messy and probably has lots of germs."

Ooooh. Harsh burn.

Is it incredibly silly of me to be just a *bit* offended? Maybe she didn't say it. Yeah, maybe her 8-year-old lied; maybe it's HER opinion (not the Mom's). That I can deal with. But it's possible that her Mom Did say it, not intending her daughter to repeat it. But does it really matter? Someone said it and meant it. And I'm embarrassed, and I'm hurt and I want to talk to her and say, "Hey, listen, I agree that my house is messy. It bothers me too. But you know nothing of me and my life, my health and my children. Maybe if you HELPED, we can get it to an acceptable level we're both happy with. If not, please don't judge me so quickly."

But I'll never say it. Instead, I'll hold it in and wonder if that woman really is that rude. Sounds like a better plan, eh? *sigh*

The Good news is that I did pull everything out of my living room (chairs on the deck and everything!) and swept and then mopped the floor! It looks soooo good! Yay go me! :) One room less germy! LOL :)

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers