Thursday, June 25, 2009

out stubborn-ing the kids

Okay, so Stubborn-ing isn't a word, but I couldn't think of a good one in lieu of it!

The kids made a terrible mess in my living room (yes, two days after I had nicely cleaned and mopped it all beautiful....well, it was a mess 15 minutes after all that work, but that's not what I'm talking about right now...) So I am refusing them what they want until they clean it up!!! Sounds like a fair deal, don't you think?

Is it wrong that what I'm withholding is dinner??? *snicker* I also wouldn't cut up watermelon for them earlier. So Abi has made herself a rice cake with peanut butter (she's by far more resourceful than I!) and Kai got himself some dry Fruit Loops. Not too sure what Bryn will scavenge for yet. Me? I'm not hungry. But when I am, I will make myself some nice chicken fettucine alfredo. Mmmm.... And when they're ready to clean up their mess, I will willingly share with them.

I will not capitulate, for I am stubborn as well!!!

ETA: just to add for those who worried...it worked!!! the kids didn't starve. (most kids won't let themselves starve or skip meals!!!) I did feed them a proper dinner. They did clean up. It was all good. *smile*

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers