Monday, July 13, 2009

lunch conversation

This week, I have just the two youngest kids at home as the older ones are in Chilliwack with Grandma & Grandpa for VBS! They are quite excited! So am I, actually! A week with just the two "babies"; a week of quieter days, a week for the "big kids" to be with their grandparents (oh, and I was told that it is GrandMA and GrandPA, not grandpa & grandma!!! Silly me! Didn't realize there was a proper way to say it!) a week of teaching and fun and learning in a safe setting for them. I love summer!

As I was making lunch, Bryn asked what I was doing. "Hah dogs?"
"No, I'm making pasta."
"Oh!" Pause. Then again, "Hah dogs?"
"No," I repeat as I stir the noodles. "Pasta with sauce. You like it!" I remind him.
"I like hah dogs, Mommy," he says matter of factly.

When I dished out the penne, he happily ate his, of course. He really does love pasta, just like his Mommy! I'm so happy that he doesn't complain if I make it almost everytime it's just us!
It only took 4 penne noodles to fall on the floor before he ate one, though! Then he declared, "Mommy, I wike yunch! I got hah dogs. You have hah dogs too."

I shake my head. "Yes," I reply patiently. "You like hot dogs."
"Yes." He nods. "Mommy, they're in the fridge."

Silly boy. I realized later that he calls almost everything hah dogs right now. That and Ah-poh Jooz.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers