Sunday, October 11, 2009

so thankful

This weekend is Thanksgiving in Canada, and as I sit here, with a happy tummy from turkey, I am thinking upon the year and remembering...

*I am ever-so thankful for friends who helped my sister and I go see my BFF get married. The willingness and giving natures of my friends don't necessarily shock me, but it was such a humbling surprise!

*I am so thankful that Abi has a best friend of her own and that they are in the same class and are there for eachother.

*I am so thankful for my neighbour who is also my friend. She cares for me. She understands the issues that mothers go through, she encourages me to keep at things, she helps me out, she pushes me when I need it....I love Jenny!

*I am so thankful for my children. They delight me. They frustrate me. They make me laugh. They drive me nuts. They give me reasons to try harder. They make me notice the things in my life that I still need to work on.

*I am so thankful for my family. We're all getting older and our lives are different and we live apart and we have different friends and we don't always talk....but when we get together, it's all perfect again! I love my family! I love my brother's humor. He still knows how to make me feel silly, yet feel loved at the same time! I love my sister's perfectionist ways. She gets things done and they're done right and she knows how to have fun doing it too! I love the way she makes me smile and feel normal! :) I love my parents b/c...well, my mom is the Best, and my Dad is ...well, he's my Dad. He's funny, annoying, silly, loving, giving...

*I am so thankful that my in-laws are friends and that getting together isn't a chore. I'm thankful that even though we've very different, we're also very much the same.

*I am so thankful that we have the oppotunity to send our kids to LCS. It is such a wonderful school where we love the teachers (the principal has almost all the kids' names memorized by sight now, it's amazing!) and the community.

*I am so thankful for our church, Jericho Ridge. I love our pastor! I love that our kids love going to Kids at the Ridge! (Sunday school) I love that our church has a wonderful community feeling and shows care and love in tangible ways.

*I am so thankful that Hunny has a good job where his boss cares for the employees, even though it is really slow right now.

*I am so thankful that we haven't had any serious illnesses or injuries this year! (so far) No hospitalizations. (yet)

*I am so thankful that I was able to go off of my antidepressants cold turkey a few months ago! I am in shock over it, but I am so thankful! I never saw that happening, but it did! He is watching over me!!! I haven't gone psycho!!! lol

*I am so thankful that Galilee Fly & Tackle has been open for a FULL YEAR now! God has blessed the business and I pray it continues to grow.

*I am so thankful that we have a house and food and vehicles. It's been incredibly tight lately for us financially, and I've been stressed out b/c of it, but when I seriously think about it in comparison to some people and some countries, it's hard to feel so sorry for myself!

*I am so thankful that God still blesses us, even though we sleep in and miss church or forget to tithe our 10% or lose our patience with the children or skip prayer at dinner or forgets to live by the Fruits of the Spirit. I'm so thankful that My God is a God of Love and Forgiveness who doesn't save based upon acts b/c I would so lose! I'm so thankful that when there are days that I feel like giving up, that I'm just not "good enough", He reminds me not to, that He created me and that I'm exactly where He wants me to be.


He has blessed me over and over. There is a saying that sticks in my head, which I find cute. "I'm too blessed to be stressed!" It's a funny thing, and I wished it were that easy. But when you think about it...truely think about it...it's true, isn't it?

I have come to realize something very important, and this has become somewhat of a motto for me right now. "He has provided for us so far, why would He stop now?" God isn't going to give up on us just b/c times are tough! He's not going to suddenly say, 'well, sorry, you're on your own from now on'! Instead, He reminds us to keep on, stay the track, I'm watching over you! I'm walking this with you.

He has blessed me and I am full of joy.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers