Friday, December 25, 2009

Hallelujah

My Christmas wouldn't be a proper Christmas for me if I didn't hear this song to end the day. My Mom loves Handel's Messiah and listens to it every year, but growing up I was never interested in it because operas aren't really 'my thing'. They still aren't! But I admit that I would Love to finally sit down and listen to this oratorio. At home is fine but in person would be amazing! I have definitely "A Thing" for choirs and orchestras! *smile*

I found this version doing a search on YouTube. I find is so fascinating that no matter who sings this song, or the size of the choir, it always sounds so powerful and Large! This is a great version b/c it has an at-home sing-a-long with the lyrics on the screen! *smile*

I'm not too sure what it is, but I always cry when it gets to the end of the song! H'mm....maybe it has something to do with the fact that it is such a powerful song and when I sing it (and I have to sing along no matter if I'm listening to a choir or not, lol...I just sing under my breath!) I imagine being in Heaven and seeing Jesus and standing in His glory, when all of us will be praising Him and singing songs just like this!


King of Kings and Lord of Lords!
And He shall reign forever!

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers