Thursday, January 7, 2010

it's the thing to do apparently

Abi told me what was happening in her classroom. She even named two of her classmates. On two separate occasions, with her own eyes, she saw it at lunchtime. It was neat. It was cool. And she liked it.

Then she asked me a piercing question. "Mom, why can't you do that for me?"

The challenge was out.

Of course, I couldn't do it right away. I didn't want to appear too eager. Or heaven forbid, have her think I was doing it just because she asked me to. It had to be real.

But I did it.

And today, in her lunch, was a (not so) secret banana message for her. Now she can be like the other two girls. Life is good!



Did you know that writing a message on a banana in pen is the Thing to Do these days? I wonder how my Hunny would feel if I sent a graffitti'd banana in his lunch? Abi did it as a nice surprise to Kai the other day, but at the end of school, he was all disgusted and asked why she had to write that she was "in love with" him on his banana? Apparently that is NOT the "thing to do" in grade One. Just grade Three. Good to know.

I'll make a note of that.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers