Friday, January 1, 2010

SAB sneak-peek! alternatively titled: So much GOOD to tell you about!

One of the best things about being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator is, not only being able to see some of the new sets beforehand, but also being able to do a pre-order sale! In December, I picked up a set from the up-coming Sale-A-Bration (SAB) that runs from Jan 5- March 31, 2010. Yes, you read that correctly! This baby runs for THREE months now! Can I get a woot! woot!

Don't know what the heck I'm talking about? Well, only the Biggest and Best sale that SU! holds annually. It usually runs during February and March, but this year it's included January so you can maximize your freebies! But not only that, SU has included other regular catalogue sets in for free!

The deal is that for every $65 you spend (from the regular IBAC---Idea Book & Catalogue---or the NEW Occasions Mini that is coming out on the 5th as well, or the Definitely Decorative catalogue---which contains our Decor Elements line and has a NEW insert coming out on the 5th also---or a combination of all three) you can pick one FREE Sale-A-Bration product of your choice! There are 4 exclusive stamp sets, one huge Designer Series Paper pack, and one border punch in our NEW fold-down design! (all of these are exclusive to SAB and will not be available after the sale ends...so if you like 'em, better get 'em!) PLUS, there are a good 70 stamp sets from the IBAC to choose from!

For my pre-order, I managed to snag the new set, Good Neighbours. It's an adorable set of houses and trees for 2-step stamping. So I have to pull out my Stamp-A-Majig. Oh goodness, this is a cause of consternation for me! I have yet to master this silly thing! I think I'd rather have my stamps crooked from my own doing than have then on a slant when they're not supposed to be b/c of my misuse of this tool!!! Despite that frustration, I managed to make these cute card fronts:






I mentioned they are Card Fronts...which means they aren't, well, obviously, full cards to be mailed out! Just the fronts! That is because I made them for an SAB Swap I am doing with some fellow demonstrators in my upline. Or was. I'm not too sure anymore. :( I made 10 of these cute things (which I am particularly fond of!) and don't know if the swap is taking place anymore. Phooey. Oh well. I guess I can always make them into full cards and use them myself. Aren't they great?




The card front uses two items from the SAB catalogue: the new Good Neighbours stamp set (as I mentioned) and the new Scallop Trim border punch. I like this thing! I'm not at all happy with the idea of it being unavailable after the sale though, so I"m hoping SU changes things and adds it to the new catalogue that will come out in July 2010! (demos aren't privvy to all the info, so something like that may just be a surprise to us too!)

recipe: Good Neighbours set, Whisper White c/s, Bermuda Bay c/s, Rich Razzleberry c/s, So Saffron c/s, Bermuda Bay ink, Rich Razzleberry ink, Old Olive ink, So Saffron ink, Melon Mambo ink, Soft Suede ink, Soft Suede polka-dot grosgrain ribbon, Scallop Trim Border punch.

Are you looking for some FREE stuff too??? Email me to place an order! themadstamper @ shaw dot ca. If you want to hostess (which I would love also!) my special this month of January is to receive a package of the NEW Epoxy brads (in the new Occasions mini) for FREE...just for hostessing!

click HERE to see the SAB catalogue



click HERE to see the Spring mini catalogue

click HERE to see the IBAC catalogue


click HERE to see the first DD brochure and HERE to see the insert below.



I'll send you any of the catalogues if you would like a hard copy in your hand too. It's hard to shop when you can't see them too well online. If you're like me, you like to see them closer..and whenever you want! Just ask and you'll receive! *smile*

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers