Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Snow Night

So the Olders are back in school again. It was a bittersweet feeling. On one hand, I like having them home, but I wonder if it has more to do with my own selfishness. After all, having them home means I get to sleep in, that I don't have to go drive them to school or pick them up, or plan things around school hours, or make lunches! And having them home means they play with the Youngers and take care of them so that I can sleep in. (oh, did I say that already? *ahem*) So having them home is a bit more for my convenience then anything! But I also really love having the opportunities to create new family memories. Of course, being the typical family we are, oftentimes our days are "wasted" with regular playing of toys and watching movies and running around everywhere and less time on family together activities. But I'm working on it! Some blogs I read blow me away at how other families work!

I remember the first day back to school in 2009, it turned out to be a Snow Day and school was cancelled! Fun for the kids! Not so much so this year though. We haven't had snow in a few weeks. So sad. The night we did, I took advantage of it and created a Family Memory. (although I'm not too sure the kids will really remember it later in life, lol! It wasn't THAT amazing!)

I'm a Home Body and like to stay inside and read or write, so I'm usually the one to tell the kids to come inside if it's raining or snowing! But not this night! I thought I'd do differently! So the kids ran around trying to find all the snow pants and mittens (good thing I had just pulled them out a few days earlier in preparation for winter), attempted to stuff themselves into them, and ran out into the front yard! They were in such a hurry I think they were worried the snow would stop and suddenly disappear! Either that or they were concerned I'd have a change of heart and demand they all come back inside because it was so much work! Hard to say.

Did I mention this happened just before bed also? When they should've been scrambling to find their jammies and been fighting with me to stay up just a bit longer? Yeah. I'm a good mom like that. *smile*








It was all fun and games until the Olders decided it would be funny to throw snowballs at their nice, fun, sweet, loving, gentle, innocent Mom. The one who gave them birth.



It looks like he's gearing up for a quick wrist snap of a snowball at me, doesn't it?



Eek! hide me!

Alright, it's time to come in! That's it!

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers