Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I Want Candy!

So my friend, D, has her newest Colour Challenge up! It was inspired by a stash of candy (mmm...rockets! I found out that these are the equivalent to Smarties in the States. So sad. Ours are chocolate candy coated goodness...but I digress.) I was so excited to do this challenge because these are "my" colours. Of course, every time I sat down to use them, my mind went blank. Maybe these aren't my colours after all! *pout* I am now wondering how Barely Banana happened to slip past my radar. Oh, what a yummy sunny colour! I've been addicted to So Saffron, but now I'll be going to this one! Wow! It also happens to be the colour of my newly painted stamp room walls! *smile*

After many drafts and punching and Big Shot butterflies, I have come up with my masterpiece! This is only the third edit and I think I'm done! This design has been in my inbox for over a year as it was a simple one to CASE. I'm so happy it worked! You may now gaze upon the beauty that is my I Want Candy card!
This uses all 5 of the Challenge colours: Pretty in pink, sage shadow, almost amethyst, barely banana, and apricot appeal. I'm that good! *smile* (even though you can't really tell by my picture. Phooey. But the wheel is in Pretty in Pink, the distressed cardstock under it is Sage Shadow and the larger, scored cardstock behind that is Almost Amethyst!)





Friendly Words Jumbo Wheel, Good Friend stamp set, Pretty in Pink ink, Barely Banana ink, Whisper White c/s, Sage Shadow c/s, Almost Amethyst c/s, Fresh Favourites 1 buttons, Pretty in Pink grosgrain ribbon, cutter kit, paper piercing tool, mat pack


0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers