Friday, April 30, 2010

busy with nothing

I didn't realize how much time has passed since the last time I posted. I'd like to say that I've been busy, but that's not completely true. I am, as my Dad put it, "busy with nothing". I've done a lot of thinking though, but even that excuse seems weak! Thinking obviously hasn't gotten me ahead! So to keep you in the loop, here are some random updates:

*I pulled a muscle or pinched a nerve in my shouder last week. I was walking back to the van after picking up the kids from school and all seemed fine, but as I drove away, my right arm felt like a dead weight. It just hung there and it ached. It scared me, too, because I couldn't figure why it was so sore. My mind started to wander as I tried to guess why it was so limp--did I have a stroke and not know it? Yeah. I didn't say my wanders in sane areas!

An hour later, the achiness turned to pain that ran down from my shoulder, radiating in my elbow and wrist. The pinching in my upper back was intense. I went between Rub A5-35 and Motrin. What a night! And I couldn't go see anyone for a massage or for some chiropractic work! Thankfully, now it's just a dull ache, because 3 days of it was crazy bad!

*Since it's starting to get warmer and the sun is shining more, I've decided it's time to switch to contact again. That way, I can wear sunglasses this summer. I used to wear contacts, but in the last few months of my pregnancy with Rhys, I bought glasses, anticipating late nights and needing an easy solution to see. That was 2 years ago and my glasses are on their last legs, if it had legs. The plastic rim isn't going to last much longer and I'm already having problems with the lens popping out.

I saw my optometrist & found I need a new prescription (one eyes is better, one eye is weaker, go figure) and I picked up a trial pair of contacts. They didn't last long. Within 15 minutes, my eyes were so irritated and itchy that I had to take them out. I kept trying them every few days though, but had the same reaction,so I returned them for a new pair.
Same thing. Very disappointing. I kept them the obligatory week before popping back to the doctor's office. But I started to feel bad. Ian probably thinks there's something seriously wrong with me! He suggested that it's allergies bothering my eyes, but they seem fine when I'm wearing glasses, just tired.

While I waited for Ian to arrive (I decided to just go in unannounced one day) the receptionist helped me find a super cute pair of glasses. After all, if I can't get this next pair of contacts to work...sheesh! This will be my third attempt. I think it's safe to say that it's not going to happen. I'm not meant to wear contacts right now. Or sunglasses (since I can't afford a pair of clipons or an extra pair or prescription sunglasses). So I admit, I tried these with mixed feelings. I really liked those glasses! But I really wanted to wear sunglasses!

Within half an hour of wearing the contacts, my eyes were so sore that they burned. Was it allergies? Severe fatigue? What in the world? Hormonal changes? (someone suggested that to me, I forget who, but they said it happened to them. I thought it was bizarre and didn't want to consider than an option for me!) I even tried some eye drops, but man! Was that Not a Good Idea! That burned just as bad, if not worse!

So the good news is that I have a credit on my account for the cost of the first two boxes of contacts I purchased last month (but returned unopened), but the bad news is that I still need $300 to get those awesome glasses! So I'm using my old, falling apart, weak-prescriptioned glasses! My eyes are less irritated though.

So there you go. Don't you feel better? I'm so glad I popped in to tell you this! :) Told you there wasn't much to say!

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers