Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sorrow

Three weeks ago, we got an email to inform us that the mother of one of Abi's classmates had died, and I have to admit that it's been affecting me and been weighing on my mind ever since.

When Abi was in Kindergarten, there was a note sent home to ask for prayers as this woman was diagnosed with breast cancer. I remember crying as I drove the kids home from school and feeling so scared for this woman and her young family. Abi was only 4 1/2, Kai just 2 1/2 and Bryn still just a newborn... I just couldn't imagine having to go through a health crisis such as that. I made their family dinner twice and that was that. No news. No cards. Life went on.

I don't really know the family at all, so I didn't know she was so ill again, but I have since found out that she was diagnosed with an aggressive inoperable brain tumor at the beginning of the year.

And my heart breaks.

The email was worded, "God in His infinite wisdom called her home." and I couldn't think of a more beautiful way to put it. She is free of pain and is in the arms of Jesus, whole and healed. And that's wonderful. I can thank and praise God for that. But when I think of the family my heart breaks. She has a husband and three children who are left here, in pain and emptiness, and I am having a hard time dealing with it. Their loss. Their pain. It's all too much.

God in His infinite wisdom.

Those words strike me and remind me of His power and His love. Power to heal and give miracles. Love to do it in His perfect way. I don't understand His ways, but "his ways aren't my ways" (For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD ~ Isaiah 55:8) All I know is that He is good. And He loves us.

Please keep this family in your prayers. Laurence and the children, Zack (gr 9) Micaela (gr 7) and Joshua (gr 3) We can thank God for healing their mother/wife by drawing her to Him, but it's going to be a hard time for them.

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." ~ John 14:27

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers