Sunday, July 21, 2013

Flubber

I had promised Kai for about a week that I'd get him some silly putty from the store the next time I went out, but I kept forgetting (or the store didn't actually carry any.)  He was getting pretty impatient, until I told him that I found a recipe on Pinterest on making Flubber. Of course, that meant that I had to make it that night!

It's a simple recipe which I found on food.com, but you can find it online at other sites. The basic directions are the same, but sizes may vary.

2 cups white glue
2 cups warm water
3 tablespoons borax disolved into 1/3 cup warm water
liquid watercolour, not food colouring    **I don't know what "liquid watercolour" is, but I feel I should, so I used food colouring (shh!) and it seemed to turn out okay.



 


Kai was hesitant to touch it at first, but then he really got into it!


 He was having a great time playing with it and stretching it out and making it jiggle!




Eden was not so impressed, as you can tell by her expression. She thought it was "Gosse" and kept saying, "eww!"  (Ignore the fact that she is sitting on my kitchen counter. *sigh* This child....)



Kai was a typical boy and thought it was awesome!!!

Overall, a fun crafty project that even a child can do!  Try it out for yourself!


0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers