Thursday, October 30, 2014

Thankful Thursday




Welcome back to Thankful Thursday, a feature started by Louise at Talk Nerdy to Me, where we look back over our week to remember our blessings.  It is so good to see the good things that have happened, especially if you have had a particularly tough week. Being grateful is good for the soul. Here are just a few things that I am thankful for.. 


1. nephews

I have babysat them a few times this month and I love that I get to do that one-on-one. I want them to know me and to have fun with me and for us to have a good relationship growing up. Right now, I am loving their cute baby/toddler selves. They really do make me smile.


 (Eden had to hold Micah on her lap at Thanksgiving. haha. so cute!)

I am especially thankful that this week, when I was there, Micah didn't cry this time! Maybe he is warming up to me now?

2. dinner parties

Every year my husband makes a huge dinner for all of our family and friends to celebrate my birthday. We had 11 children under 13 (including my own) and 13 adults (including myself and Hunny)  I love getting together with everyone! It's crowded and loud and busy...but so wonderful and full of love! I love that my Hunny makes my favourite meal (spaghetti and meatballs, yeah I'm pretty basic!) for everyone. He thrives at this. I am so blessed and so thankful.






3. cookie decorating

I didn't know I could do it, but I managed to learn how to decorate cookies from a professional...and they turned out pretty good too! It was a fun class!


4. Parent Teacher Meetings

We had our meetings this week for the Middle School. Unfortunately, I had to navigate them alone since Hunny was sick. I don't know if that is why the meetings went faster or if there really wasn't much to talk about. Both the Olders are doing well. They need to work on math skills and homework and presentations, but I would say that this year is much better than last year! They are actually enjoying their teachers and classes and that makes me happy!

5. bday messages

Even if it is only because FB reminded them, I loved reading all of the messages left for me on my wall to wish me well on my birthday! There's something touching thinking that people took the time to post something. I am thankful for my friends and my acquaintances and my on-line friends.


(my sister-in-law made this leaf rose bouquet for me. I'd seen it posted on FB this month and was curious. Didn't they turn out great?)


6. cozy blanket

I got this super soft and cozy blanket for my birthday from my mother-in-law that I love. It is so nice to curl up into, and I am not sharing it! (or at least, I am trying to keep it away from my kids. They like to take things!)

7. antibiotics

After our big dinner, my Hunny started to feel sick, with it gradually getting worse and settlig into his lungs. He went to the clinic on Monday and was diagnosed with early stage pneumonia! The funny/sad thing is that he had guessed that too! I figured it was just a chest cold! So I am very thankful for our medical system in Canada and that he was able to go on antibiotics for it and that we could afford the huge pills. He was off work almost all week, but managed to get himself back today, which is also a blessing.

8. BSF Fellowship

A few times a year, our little group gets together outside of our Bible study mornings for a Fellowship. I didn't get to make it to any of them last year, but since we held it in the evening I could this time! It was a lot of fun. I really feel that this group is a good fit for me and that I am learning a lot from these women and from our study. If you are available on Thursday mornings and can make it to Cloverdale, there is room for you at BibleStudy Fellowship.

9. bday parties

Not mine this time, but for my boys! One of the fun things about school is the chance to be invited to birthday parties of classmates, and Rhys has been able to enjoy that this year. He's already gone to two parties this month! He is loving it! And I am excited that he is included and has friends and can be a part of the group parties!


10. my own Chibi

Abi loves to draw and she has taught herself how to draw Chibi characters. They are so cute! She has made many of the Disney Princess and fairy tale ones for friends and made me my favourite character: Belle. She's so cute!






What are some things you are thankful for this week?  If you start your own list, I'd love to hear about it! Being thankful for the things in our lives really does change you. You develop a peace and joy starts to grow, and that is much better than being stressed or worried when the hard parts of life weigh on us.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers