Thursday, January 22, 2015

Thankful Thursday



Welcome back to Thankful Thursday, a feature started by Louise at Talk Nerdy to Me, where we look back over our week to remember our blessings.  It is so good to see the good things that have happened, especially if you have had a particularly tough week. Being grateful is good for the soul. Here are just a few things that I am thankful for...

1. Essential Oils

I have always been interested in Essential Oils and the ways they can help heal your body, but have never actually gotten around to trying them out. Until now. With a friend's advice, I used Lavender on Abi's throat and neck for her large tonsils, and Peppermint for her upset tummy, and Eucalyptus on her feet for her congestion (which is also what the doctor suggested) I thought I had bought a diffuser, but instead it was a oil burner, which meant that I couldn't let it run during the night and had to apply these with a carrier oil, but it all worked out just fine.


I am so happy to say that it has helped! Within a few days she was feeling better and we didn't need to continue with the oils after the week! Woohoo!

2. Little Cousins

Eden and I spent the afternoon with her little cousins and had fun playing together. I love my nephews and am happy that my sister got to see the doctor and do some errands alone.  They have been dealing with colds and illnesses most of winter as well, so she needed a break!



3.  Aquarium trip

We let the kids skip school this week and took them to the aquarium! it was a fun surprise!  It's good to do spontaneous things like this every now and then! 




4. Once Again Designs

We did it! It's Facebook Official!  We opened our business on FB. Look us up!

5.  Night Out with Friends

During highschool, there were three of us who hung out all of the time (it helped that we lived close to eachother). Our friendship continued until our 20's, when we were separated by University, marriage and moving to a new province, but now we're all back together and in the same situations in life (well, almost) It's been so wonderful to renew our friendship and to purposely make time to get together every month!

This past week, we went out to celebrate Julie's birthday! We shared many laughs as we remembered the crazy times we had as teens, and vented over frustrating situations going on in our families. It's so good to have friends!

6. Date Night with the Mountain Man

We don't go out too often just the two of us, and when we do it is usually to do family errands (like grocery shopping); however, on this day we used the time to go out for an early dinner! You really need to invest in your relationships if you want them to grow. It's so easy to use excuses or treat our relationships casually, so Hunny and I try to do things together to feel close to eachother. Sometimes it's just in snuggling up on the couch to watch HGTV (are there other channels on tv?), and sometimes it's to do so some shopping. It doesn't really matter what you do as long as you are spending the time talking and sharing without interruptions.

7. LCS

I've mentioned it before, but it's worth mentioning again: I love the school that my children go to! I love the teachers. I love the community spirit. I just love knowing that they are learning in ways that I lack in communicating.  We have had some wonderful teachers that I have been so thankful for (I can only think of one or two that I have not enjoyed in all of the ones we've been through); they have been really invested in my kids' lives and encouraging to me in solving struggles. I am thankful for the quick after-school meetings they have been agreed to and for the many ways they have helped us get the kids back on task after missing so much school already this year.



This afternoon, Abi's teacher sent us a picture of her during class. Apparently it was to show us that our children actually do work when they are there!  haha. I love this man!

8.  BSF Fellowship

Every few months, my little group at Bible Study Fellowship gets together for a Fellowship. This is done without children or spouses and without any homework or lectures to listen to. Just a time to gather without a time frame (mostly) and get to know eachother better.  This month, we gathered at my house. Or some of us. Many weren't able to come, but it was still a nice evening with uplifting stories. I enjoyed it.  And, hey, my house is so clean right now!

9. Friendships

Bryn got invited out to a friends' house on the weekend. I am so thankful that he is starting to develop stronger friendships and that it has worked out to get together outside of school.

10. Eye appointment

I got a phone call the night before to remind me of my eye appointment the next afternoon, which is a good thing since I had forgotten! I didn't have a day planner for the new year at the time, so I didn't have it written down!  I learned that my eyes are dry (which I didn't realize at the time, but now can understand why they are always feeling so irritated! ugh) and that the shape has changed on them (I have a stigmatism on both eyes now), which explains why my eyes are sore often. While my eyesight hasn't changed, my perscription has, which means that to help my eyes I need to get new eye glasses. But seeing as I just bought new ones recently after my glasses broke, this isn't completely in the budget yet. But I am thankful to have solved this, and to know that it is a simple fix.



I read in my daily devotional, Jesus Calling by Sarah Young,  the other day "My Nature is to bless. Your nature is to receive with thanksgiving."  I found that interesting and encouraging.  What are you thankful for? I'm sure if you looked you would find many things. 


0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers