Friday, March 6, 2015

Thankful Thursday



 Welcome back to Thankful Thursday, a feature started by Louise at Talk Nerdy to Me, where we look back over our week to remember our blessings.  It is so good to see the good things that have happened, especially if you have had a particularly tough week. Being grateful is good for the soul. Here are just a few things that I am thankful for...


1. Trust and obey

 Eden started to sing a song one afternoon that I recognized learning as a child. Apparently the teachers in "her class" (my BSF has childcare for infants to preschool. I am so thankful for that) sang it and it stuck with her later on. That's so great!

"Trust and Obey, for there's no other way
to be happy in Jesus
but to trust and obey."



(does anyone else remember the other lyrics? I can't...they are at the tip of my tongue though!)

I am so thankful for these teachers and the whole Bible Study Fellowship group. This has been an amazing year for me so far!



2. boys

We had another long weekend (school had a Pro-D day) so I let the boys invite their best friends over. Kai had David sleep over, and Bryn's friend Forrest came to spend the day with us. I had seven children in the house and it was fun! 

Of course, them being boys, they all huddled around our tv/computer and played games for as long as they could!  (I eventually had to kick them off and made them run around outside with nerf guns!)

I am thankful for days like this, and opportunities, and friendships.




 3. merci

After Abi's birthday party...with boys...and learning that her group of friends was bigger than we knew, I decided to have them over for an evening of games. Abi invited seven altogether, but only four were able to come. Three girls (one I had never met before as well!) and a boy. I'm glad that he wasn't embarrassed about being the only one to show up! (Abi did warn him when he called earlier...he was very polite on the phone too!)  I was impressed with this boy: he even gave me a box of chocolates to say "merci" for having him over! How sweet! I'm sure they were for the whole family in general, but I accepted them on our behalf!  ...and shared them! I thought it was a generous act and very gentlemanly. If I had the chance to, I would've thanked his parents for teaching him such manners! (it made me wonder if it was something I needed to work on with my boys)



4. clean teeth

Bryn got to miss some school this week for his bi-annual teeth cleaning and check up. We were able to see that his second top middle tooth is about to push through the skin. Soon he'll have a full set of teeth again...until the next ones fall out and get replaced! But it's been years since he's had all of his teeth!

I am thankful that the visit went well and that he has no problems with his teeth and all is good!

5. new course and early and alert mornings

 My Hunny had to take a course on some new Mastercam program this week, which was held in Newton, which meant that I had to get up and actually get dressed in the mornings and drive the kids to school! I am not a morning person!  So I am very thankful that this week went well and that I was alert and we didn't have any issues.

6. flowers and tea

I am thankful for mornings that surprise and for unexpected visits. I had to pick up some potted flowers from a friend and she invited myself and Eden in for tea and chats. Some days just start out so good, don't they?

7. go carting fun

Bryn was invited to a birthday party of a classmate and they all got to try out go-carting! There is a new indoor race track in Langley that this group of boys went to after school. I had to pop the gift over, so I got to see Bryn's first try on the track. What fun!  He loved it!
 


8. Visits

The kids and I went out to Chilliwack to visit my parents on the weekend so I could take photos of our Once Again designs products and set up our booth. We were wanting to apply to this one market that's held in Fort Langley and so I needed some nice, almost-professional-looking photos to add to the form. (5 product pics and 1 booth set up)  That was fun! I'm not a photographer in any sense, but I like to think that I take some Okay-ish pics! Hopefully the jury on this market thinks so too!
I am thankful that I had that chance to prepare our items and to do the application. (I am also thankful for my Hunny for resizing my photos so that they could be emailed!)

I am thankful that my kids love visiting this grandparents and have fun at their place. They got to dig in the backyard, and play Mario Kart against my Dad!





9. healing

Abi had a few asthma attacks again this week. We were doing so well too! But, hey, we managed to make it through all of February without any health issues, so I should be more thankful!  But she started having troubles breathing and was panting and feeling weak, so I had to pull out all of our meds and at-home treatments again. She had her own inhalers (now with a spacer, as the clinic doctor suggested at her breathing test last week), and she took some steam baths with eucalyptus, and I had essential oils on her chest and feet (lavender, eucalyptus, and peppermint.), and tried out cooler air and vaporub. It was a rough three days for us (well, mostly her...I just carried the worry) but we managed to avoid using the nebulizer, and we didn't need to go to the doctor (I came close twice) or head to the hospital. So I am thankful for strength and healing.

10. new babies! 

I am so excited!!!  I am going to be an Auntie again!  I already am a pretty darn awesome one to my other nephews and nieces, and I love babies, so I am delighted at this announcement!



It's been a good week of ups and downs, but I have so much to be thankful for! I could add more to this list, but I want to keep it all down to a "top ten" list. (you're welcome!)  I do write in a journal every day though, and I write out my thankful list there. It is so good to write out as the day goes by so that I can look back and remember later.

If you have a Thankful list, I'd love to hear about it!

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers