Thursday, March 19, 2015

Thankful Thursday

  


Welcome back to Thankful Thursday, a feature started by Louise at Talk Nerdy to Me, where we look back over our week to remember our blessings.  It is so good to see the good things that have happened, especially if you have had a particularly tough week. Being grateful is good for the soul. Here are just a few things that I am thankful for...

1. All-Nighters

Abi was invited to a Youth All-Nighter by her friend, Hannah, and Kai was invited by H's brother, Lukas! This was their first All-Nighter, which ran from 7pm-7am. They were very excited! I was excited for them (although a bit worried...did I need to pack anything extra for Abi for her allergies? Would she be okay with the food? But I decided to be brave.) that is, until I realized that we'd have to get up early to go pick them up! So much for sleeping in! We were advised to be on time too, so that the youth leaders could go home and go to bed! 

This is how they spent a lot of Saturday:


2. Spring Break

 Woohoo! The kids are off school for two weeks!  It is going to go by fast, by we are going to enjoy sleeping in, and getting together with friends and staying up late! And not making school lunches! Oh, how I am happy to be on a break from that!

3. Snuggles 

Eden snuggled up on top of my as we lay on the couch together one lazy afternoon. I love it when the kids do silly things like this!





4. free ice cream

Dairy Queen gave out free ice cream cones on the 16th to celebrate their 75th "Fan"iversary, so of course the kids and I had to go grab ours too! Free ice cream? Yes, please!


 
 I also discovered that I need to clean off my phone and camera lens! *blush*

5. birthdays and non-birthdays

This week held two parties for the kids. One was for a friend of Kai's, where the mom included all of my kids (which was so generous and kind), at Capt'n Kids. The other was for a friend of Abi's, held on the same day around the same time. We just gave the boy some money, since we weren't too sure what he would like (this is the only time hanging outside of school, and to be honest, I didn't realize they were friends, so we didn't know what to get him. We figure that money is usually good for most older kids!).


I ran out to Chapters to pick up a gift card before they closed for Abi's friend. However, as she is writing out the card the day of the party, it suddenly occurs to us that we weren't even too sure it was for a birthday!  We looked up the invitation but it didn't specify, so Abi just brought it with her in case.  And then she brought it home!  It turns out it was just the group of girls hanging out together; how nice!  Now we have a gift card for an unexpected birthday ready to pull out.  Funny thing is that the day after the event, Abi remembered this girl's birthday was actually in December a few days after her own!

Parties and Hanging out with friends are always fun and something to be thankful for!

6.  Babysitting

Abi has been babysitting ever since she was 12...which actually doesn't sound like a long time when you realize she's only 13, but wow it feels like longer! haha.  But she hasn't just done some small jobs for us at home, she's also babysat for her cousins as well as our old youth pastor's little girl and helped out in the church nursery. This week was her first "real job interview" where she met a brand new family to babysit for. This is someone who got her name off of our neighbour (after confirming permission with us!) and needs her only every now and then for her two litle girls. She came home saying that the girls were adorable!  It should be a fun experience for her. And girls too! She doesn't get too much exposure with babysitting girls!  I'm excited for her! I babysat a lot as a teen and my favourite (and constant) families were those I hadn't known prior but only had my name recommended.


7. Girl Time

I am so thankful for the friendships that I have developed with some women and the opportunities to get together with them. It's so easy for us to get caught up in the busy-ness of life and never make the chance to get out and invest in friendships, and for years I didn't, but this past year I have been pushing myself more and I have been rewarded. I am so blessed with the women God has put in my life to learn from, and to find encouragement from.

8. baby's got skills

Eden was so excited and proud of herself because she managed to get these onsie pjs on and zipped up without any help! Her first time! It took some skills and determination (and a few frustrated yells) but afterwards, she jumped up and exclaimed, "I did it!"



I'm proud of her too!

9. cousins

I got to spend the day with my nephews again today, and since it is Spring Break, I got to take along Rhys with me. The Olders can handle being at home by themselves (with Abi in charge!), so I didn't worry about them. Aside from the fire alarms being tested in all of the townhomes (which surprisingly didn't wake up my sister, who had only been asleep for two hours after her 12 hr shift), and boys who were tired and coughy, it was a good afternoon.


I have to laugh at how kids spend their time together now though: huddled around the iPad watching a Netflix show!



10.  Things that make me laugh

I saw this posted and I knew I had to pass it along:





Laughter is good medicine for the soul!

So that's my week. It's been a busy week, and I am ready for rest! I hope that your week has been good as well.


0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers