Thursday, May 14, 2015

Thankful Thursday




Welcome back to Thankful Thursday, a feature started by Louise at Talk Nerdy to Me, where we look back over our week and remember our blessings.  It is so good to see all that has happened, especially if you have had a particularly tough week. Being grateful is good for the soul. Here are just a few things that I am thankful for...

1. BSF Blessings

Our Bible Study Fellowship classes ended this week. I'm so sad! :(  I started off wondering how we'd ever fit the whole story of Moses in a whole year. I mean, it's not that long of a story, is it? I've seen the movie!  But now that it's been 8 months and we ended with the Moses' death at the end of Deuteronomy and I'm wishing there was more!  I have learned so much! But more imporant than the education is that my faith has deepened and I am astounded by the incredible love of our God and Creator!


 I am so thankful for this group, and I am so thankful for the teachers in the preschool program that played with and taught Eden this year.  To say good-bye and thanks to them, we decorated little tins and gave them flowers.  (I cut down a frozen juice container) Eden loved giving them out to her teachers.  She ended up with one extra flower, so I told her she could give it to whomever she wanted. I would've directed her to give it another BSF Leader, but I thought I'd let her decide. She spotted two women talking near us and went over and gave the last one away. I don't know if it was just because she was the closest or because Eden thought she looked the "prettiest" with her skirt or looked like a grandma or what, but I know that it was intentional in God's eyes. I am so thankful that she could bless another with a simple act!

2. New Toys

We have a friend who is moving, so as she is decluttering and packing up stuff, she is coming across many things that she does not need anymore. Like Disney Princess clocks and a Dora case! (her daughter is 13 and I think has outgrown those items!) So she passed them on to us!  The kids were very excited to find the Dora case, some marbles and colourful Mega Blocks in the morning.

Eden had to bring them to school on Friday for our Stay-and-Play in KE! Rhys played with the Lego and we gave away some of the marbles to his classmates. 





I am thankful that they got new toys that excite them, and I am glad that they also were able to share with others.

3. Derby Reach

The extended family met together over the weekend at Derby Reach for a campfire dinner and some resting and relaxing by the river! I'd say it was a successful evening!  It was a lot of fun roasting hotdogs and marshmallows and throwing rocks into the Fraser.  We need to do this more often!


 4. Rainbow Hair!

Abi got her hair coloured again this week along with a trim. It looks so bright! 




5. Mothers

6. Sibling Love

Eden and Rhys were playing with the new Lego, telling eachother that they will be Best Friends Forever and Ever if they don't touch each other's Lego!  That, my friends, is true sibling love!




7.Snuggle Brothers

I caught the boys all snuggled together on the top bunk at bedtime! So I had to snap some pictures!



8. Tea for Free!

I won some tea this week! Woohoo!  A woman I know from my church is a Steeped Tea Consultant and she offered a free 25g bag of tea, along with a clip-on mini infuser, to celebrate her birthday month! You just had to respond on her FB page what your favourite birthday gift was.  I had to think about that one for a bit. I can recall fun birthdays, but gifts...hmm...which was my favourite gift?  Then I looked down and remembered: my promise ring!  My then-boyfriend gave it to me for my 20th birthday! He was sick with mono, so his mom had to drop it off for me, but it was so special.  He's now my Hunny!  


My entry won and so I got to choose some Apple Crumble Black Tea!  I'm hoping this will taste good as an iced-tea type of summer drink.  I'm so excited!

9. bedtime stories

I love it when brothers read to their younger siblings!




10.  Social Lives

Last Friday was another one of those busy days, where I started out in Rhys' K class for Stay-and-Play, and then we ended the day with a playdate with another mom with her preschool-bound son (Eden and Zac will be in class together in the fall!). After school, I sent Kai off to a friend's to celebrate a birthday at the pool, and then I picked up Abi from a class party, and dropped off Bryn at their cousins' house for a movie night at her school!  I am thankful for fun events and friendships.

That was my week in a nutshell.  How was yours? What are you thankful for?

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers