Thursday, July 2, 2015

Thankful Thursday



Welcome back to Thankful Thursday, a feature started by Louise at Talk Nerdy to Me, where we look back over our week and remember our blessings.  It is so good to see all that has happened, especially if you have had a particularly tough week. Being grateful is good for the soul. Here are just a few things that I am thankful for...

1. trees to climb




2. dinner with friends

 I am so thankful for the friends that we have and that we could go out and enjoy an evening together, and that our kids play well and that it is just like being among family.

 3.new sunglasses



 {I'm Batman}

4.  swings that make you fly





4. texts that give you hope again

 I received a message from a friend that I hadn't heard from in such a long time that I had just about given up on our relationship; she just wasn't responding to me and it hurt.  I don't know what will happen in the end, but I am thankful that she sent something. 

I am thankful that even though friendships change, He is always faithful.



5. sparklers


 {yay. sparklers.}

{that's better. that's the spirit!}


6. music that makes us move

This is currently Rhys' favourite song:  Build Your Kingdom by Rend Collective.  (he also loves their song "Lighthouse")  He will play it over and over and sing and dance, and it is so wonderful to see!  I love his spirit!  (and, seriously, how FUN is Rend Collective???)




7.  front yard visits with neighbours

We live in a really good neighbourhood and have been blessed that the people who live on either side of us are great people. We have known eachother for 12 years and our kids have grown up together and we have shared in each others' lives!  It's nice to be able to sit in our yards and just visit!  I am thankful for the women I live by!

8. water to splash in







9.  rest

I am so thankful that after several busy days, when my body is fatigued and I feel overwhelmed, that He gives me rest.  I am given a day of quiet, where I can rest on the couch without the kids needing much. My body needs this every so often!

10.  laughs at the dinner table

My Hunny was teasing Abi about something and told her to "suck it up, Princess!" Eden stood up on her chair and pointed her finger at Abi, hotly telling her father, "She's not a Princess!  I'm a Princess!"

What a funny girl!  Apparently there can not be two princesses!


So that's my week in a nutshell. How has your week been?  I'd love to celebrate your Thankful list with you: share it in the comments!

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers