Thursday, July 16, 2015

Thankful Thursday




Welcome back to Thankful Thursday, a feature started by Louise at Talk Nerdy to Me, where we look back over our week and remember our blessings.  It is so good to see all that has happened, especially if you have had a particularly tough week. Being grateful is good for the soul. Here are just a few things that I am thankful for...

1.  free slurpees



Who doesn't like free slurpees on the eleventh day of the seventh month at 7-eleven?

2.  berries



We went berry picking this week as a family and came home with full buckets and full tummies!

3. no cavities


Rhys' dental cleaning and check up went well. No cavities! And he has new molars coming in!

4. castle fun  park

This week, my parents met the kids and I at Castle Fun Park in Abbotsford. It's a family amusement park that I went to a few times as a teenager too!  It's neat to be able to take my own kids to it now, even if it does make me feel old! haha.  I find that I'm having more fun now though, as there is more to do and more that I am willing to do!  This year, I tried out the bumper cars (seriously fun! I want some in my house...you know, when we build our dream house with the huge games' room!) and the go carts!  The kids had a blast playing the arcade games and playing mini golf!  It was such a fun afternoon!

5. rain!

 I am so thankful for rain this week! It wasn't a lot, and to be honest, we needed a whole lot more, but it was something. I didn't realize this before but we hadn't had rain since sometime in May! Wow!

It's been cooler the past few days as well, so I'm hoping we have more rain coming.

6. Forest fire update

I read on the BC Forest Fire Info FB page that the Dog Mountain fire is 100% contained! So wonderful to read that!!! I don't know where that is, but it's good news!


7. water fun

With the few hot days we had here, the boys were being creative and dumping buckets of water on their heads for challenges!



8. cousins playing

I have been babysitting my nephews for several months now; everytime my Favoritest Sister gets off of night shift (she is a NICU nurse) It's been a fun time! The Younger cousins have fun playing together, and we don't get together nearly enough!

Sadly, this past week was my last shift for them.  :(  

They won't be needing me as jobs have changed and now their Daddy will be home with them in the daytime! Yay for them, but too bad for me!  When my new nephew arrives in the Fall, maybe I'll be able to sneak over for Auntie snuggles anyways!

 

9. Cards and gifts

We took some friends of the Olders camping with us this month, and to say 'thanks' we received a lovely card with a Starbucks gift card inside! Sweet!  How thoughtful!

10.  A good walk and some swings

I was so frustrated. angry and hurt one day this week, and I just needed to get out of the house by myself.  So once dinner was ready, I told my Hunny I was going for a walk and left. I am so thankful that I can do that, and that we have a good neighbourhood. I am thankful for the park nearby that I could walk to and for the swings that I could go on. Swinging makes me feel free to just think and pray and clear my mind. (I'm not thankful for the sore hips and legs that I had after I got off the swing that was obviously made for school-aged children, but that's neither here nor there!)

So that's my week in a nutshell. It's been so long since I've written a TT post; I've been busy lately! It's good to write one out again!  What about you? What are you thankful for?

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers