Thursday, December 10, 2015

Thankful Thursday



Welcome back to Thankful Thursday, a feature started by Louise at Talk Nerdy to Me, where we look back over our week and remember our blessings.  It is so good to see all that has happened, especially if you have had a particularly tough week. Being grateful is good for the soul. Here are just a few things that I am thankful for...

1. Pretty Nails

Eden found some nail polish and I relented and let her paint her nails. I know. *cringe*  And then I let her paint my nails too. *twitch twitch*  She got it all over my fingers and it makes my cuticles look even worse, but she was pleased with herself. So we showed off our fingers to everyone and we ooh'ed at how sparkly they were and it was fun!

Don't be jealous.

2. fort building

The Youngers are getting good at fort building in our house. I love memories like these!




3. this girl

seriously.  How did I get so lucky?


Happy 14th birthday, Abi!


4. oh Christmas tree

I love our family tradition of going to a tree farm (support local!) and finding our own special tree!  I grew up with a fake one that we pulled out each year on the 3rd of December, which I love and miss that family tradition, but I love that my own family can have their own.  I'm thankful that it wasn't that cold this year for our outing!


 {group hug for our fave tree!}



5.  strength and covering

I was suddenly thrust into the role of leading the whole morning with my children's group as my co-leader wasn't able to come, which made me a bit nervous, but mostly confident. And let me tell you that I wouldn't have that confidence if it weren't for the Holy Spirit. It's one thing to have the talent to lead a group of kids, but it's another to have no worries as you rest in the fact that it's His words that are being said.  I am so thankful that even though the kids were restless more than usual, the morning went really well. I had energy and spirit and Joy!

6. new-to-her princess dresses

Eden found a bunch of old dresses that Abi used to wear (and make her brothers wear too, come to think of it!) They're still a bit big on her, but she is so excited!

I let her wear one to bed, along with her new "hair pretty" and she giggled while being tucked in, saying, "Mama, I'm in love with you!"  She melts me.


7.  beautiful voices in harmony

I'm not too sure if you can tell or not, but I love music! :)  I love choirs. I love orchestras. I just love beautiful harmonies and lyrics. My heart was so lifted this week to hear a bit of Abi and the high school choir practicing after school. I am thankful that we are created to sing.

8. sudden visits to my parents

I am so thankful that I have been able to just suddenly go with my sister this week to visit my parents while my Opa was in the hospital. We don't live near our extended family (they are in Ontario), and so it's been difficult, but we have eachother. I am thankful for tea, tears, laughter, and comfort.

9. Crafty Affaire

The girls and I had a morning outing which started with a walk around the Crafty Affaire market in White Rock (support local!) and ended with lunch together. And, yet again, I meant to take photos but forgot to. Oops. You'll have to trust me that it was a fun time. It helped that I won tickets for entry through Instagram! yay go me! (I won last year too, but wasn't able to attend as it fell on the same day as Kai's bday party.)



10.  almost meetings

I am thankful for laughter and being silly. I was walking through the grocery store with my husband when I saw anther man I recognized. We had already had a strange day of many coincidental meetings with people we knew, so I thought it was another friend. That is until I realized I recognized this man through his wife's blog that I read often! I suppose I could've said Hi when I saw the whole family, but I thought it may be strange since they didn't really know me, but now I'm realizing that was silly and I should've! Maybe we'll have another chance encounter....now that I know where she shops! *wink*


So that's my week (or two) in a nutshell. How about you? What are you thankful for?   

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers